CBR1100XX.org Forum

Givi & SW Motech

Guess this is a good a place as any to post this. Just thought I'd share my experience with my recently purchased Givi side luggage & Give top case & the SW Motech racking system.

I like the Givi luggage, but Givi's racking system for the XX is hideous (IMO) with the bags removed. SW Motech makes a VERY nice product that looks much more appealing with the bags removed. And, the bonus is that the rack removes in about 30 seconds (both sides) leaving nothing but a few small latch points behind. Pricing for the SW Motech racking is comparable the the Givi rack.

Installation was straight forward, with minimal tools required. They come with signal relocation brackets, but since I bobbed my signals there is enough clearance for the luggage without any mods.

The following are pics with no rack, rack, rack & luggage etc.

GiviRack9.jpg

GiviRack2.jpg

GiviRack3.jpg

GiviRack5.jpg

GiviRack4.jpg

GiviRack6.jpg

GiviRack7.jpg

GiviRack8.jpg

Guess this is a good a place as any to post this. Just thought I'd share my experience with my recently purchased Givi side luggage & Give top case & the SW Motech racking system.

I like the Givi luggage, but Givi's racking system for the XX is hideous (IMO) with the bags removed. SW Motech makes a VERY nice product that looks much more appealing with the bags removed. And, the bonus is that the rack removes in about 30 seconds (both sides) leaving nothing but a few small latch points behind. Pricing for the SW Motech racking is comparable the the Givi rack.

Installation was straight forward, with minimal tools required. They come with signal relocation brackets, but since I bobbed my signals there is enough clearance for the luggage without any mods.

The following are pics with no rack, rack, rack & luggage etc.

GiviRack9.jpg

GiviRack2.jpg

GiviRack3.jpg

GiviRack5.jpg

GiviRack4.jpg

GiviRack6.jpg

GiviRack7.jpg

GiviRack8.jpg

Hi there! Thinking about going that route too as my Givi bracket keeps cracking for some reason, nothing to do with overloading or wheelies I'm sure...:-) Do the SW Motech brackets keep the bags more stable as well? Seems like the Givi brackets let them shimmy quite a bit and I imagine that may contribute to the stress cracks...

I can't say for sure how much more stable they are compared to the Givi racking, since this is the first set of hard luggage I've had. It does seem however, to be VERY rigid when riding. I haven't loaded them to capacity yet though.

The top case has a little more flex then I would like, but that's in the case itself, not the rack. The top rack is one solid piece so no welds to fatigue.

There's one more bracket that I haven't installed yet that goes from side to side under the lic. plate for the side bags. Since I chopped my rear fender I need to mod. that bracket for final fitment.

Twisted Throttle is the North American distributor for SW Motech out of Germany.

• 4 months later...
Hey,

Nice system!! Has you had any problems with cracks on the tail section. I like the cleanest of it but seem like it would put a large load on 2 bolts very close to each other on the subframe.

Cheers,

emile

I loaded the top case & side bags up pretty good this summer on several trips and nothing shows any signs of wear or fatigue. At this point, I'm quite happy with the setup. :icon_biggrin: