CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brembo 4 pots to fit blackBird forks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Here is a sneak look at are new front brake kit.

996 Duc Brembo 4 pots fitted to the standard Blackbird front.

Kit includes:

Left and right fork brackets.

HEL brake lines for the front.

HEL brake lines to de-link the rear standard caliper ( Rear Brembo kit coming soon)

Pair of second hand or new Brembo calipers ( Or you can get your own)

Pair of new HH rated EBC pads (Or simular ) if required

If you need anymore info please PM me.

Cheers Graham

post-53763-1272739036.jpg

post-53763-1272739050.jpg

post-53763-1272739061.jpg

post-53763-1272739082.jpg

post-53763-1272739098.jpg

First kit is already sold with a pair of refurbished calipers, but I have 3 more pairs of brackets and lines coming soon.

The stock calipers are not 6 pots , It is a common misconception that we are riding around on a bike that is equipted with 6 pots, each front caliper only have 3 piston in them and only 2 pistons acting on the front disc when the front brake is applied. the same is true for the rear. the link system makes use of the other piston in each caliper.

Brembo are 4 pistons per caliper , hence 8 pistons acting on the front wheel

Just wondering: What does this setup provide over the stock six pot calipers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Here is a sneak look at are new front brake kit.

996 Duc Brembo 4 pots fitted to the standard Blackbird front.

Kit includes:

Left and right fork brackets.

HEL brake lines for the front.

HEL brake lines to de-link the rear standard caliper ( Rear Brembo kit coming soon)

Pair of second hand or new Brembo calipers ( Or you can get your own)

Pair of new HH rated EBC pads (Or simular ) if required

If you need anymore info please PM me.

Cheers Graham

Why wouldnt you go with something like GSXR 6 pot calipers???

Why wouldnt you go with something like GSXR 6 pot calipers???

In England there are a large number of Brembo 4 pot availible secondhand and not so many GSXR 6 pot. I am offering refurbed secondhand or new calipers with the kits to try and keep costs down for the people who don't feel the need to spend the extra on new.

The Brembo caliper is a very good peice of kit and a great start point for my upgrade kits . There is a rear Brembo kit to go with the front coming soon which will also fit straight on to my 6 inch over swingarm . And Brembo's look good .

That said the next on the list of produces for Gmaxx is to make a carrier for a 6 pot caliper.

Just a FYI cb1300 forks work with CBR1100XX triple clamp and the GSXR 6 pot calipers are direct bolt on! When you make the rear kit let me know I would like one!

• 6 years later...

Hi Graham, are you still manufacturing the brembo conversion parts for the blackbird? I'm interested in purchasing a kit if you are. 

Best regards

sean Duff

He is making another run, he's posted about it on a few Facebook blackbird groups. I I stalled it a couple of years ago, no regrets. Then again I ride so slowly that it doesn't matter. Proof: Zero passed me. 

5 hours ago, JoWhee said:

Proof: Zero passed me. 

That's cuz you had them bad ass brakes and Zero was on the crappy stockers and couldn't slow down.

When I had my 999 I should have looked at what it would take to swap those in cuz they were pretty awesome, never thunk of it, but I'm not unsatisfied with the Bird brakes whether linked or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not on the Facebook sadly, if any of you have any contact for Graham can you ask him to contact me please, thank you 🙂 

On March 24, 2017 at 4:28 AM, JoWhee said:

He is making another run, he's posted about it on a few Facebook blackbird groups. I I stalled it a couple of years ago, no regrets. Then again I ride so slowly that it doesn't matter. Proof: Zero passed me. 

And YOU got the ticket??

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/5/2010 at 1:32 AM, grahamcuk said:

This what the kit looks like ready to ship with refurbished secondhand calipers.

post-53763-1273037545.jpg

Is this kit still available? What's the cost? Also does it include needed parts for rear since front is being disconnected from the rear? 

Thanks, Paul. 

Graham was making them out of the UK. I had a set on my 'bird. I believe he also has made a kit to use a rear brembo. He usually makes a run when he's got 5 orders. What isn't mentioned is that you'll need to change your front master cylinder. You options are the brembo 19mm radial master cylinder, or one from (not positive) a CBR f3, it's a 3/4" master, and looks identical to oem. 

4 hours ago, JoWhee said:

Graham was making them out of the UK. I had a set on my 'bird. I believe he also has made a kit to use a rear brembo. He usually makes a run when he's got 5 orders. What isn't mentioned is that you'll need to change your front master cylinder. You options are the brembo 19mm radial master cylinder, or one from (not positive) a CBR f3, it's a 3/4" master, and looks identical to oem. 

Use a master cylinder from an F4I.  It looks identical to the stock Bird M/C.  You could also use the master from a Hayabusa, but you'll probably want to change the clutch M/C as well, so they match.  Gen 2 only for the clutch.

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2020 at 11:09 AM, Flash17 said:

Also, where do I order it from if it's still available? 

Does anyone know if Graham is still selling these kits? Or the brackets on their own I can pick up the callipers locally myself 

cheers

Sean 

5 hours ago, Seanirish said:

Does anyone know if Graham is still selling these kits? Or the brackets on their own I can pick up the callipers locally myself 

cheers

Sean 

Send him a Private Message and it should pop up on his personal email.