CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fireplace rebuild

BDAZ XX

A client hated the stone river rock FP in her newly purchased house and wanted it removed and rebuilt. She chose a picture from a FP book I had given her and this is what we built for her.

This would look great in a log cabin. But not so nice in a modern tract home.

Before

medium.jpg

After

123720437.jpg123720445.jpg

Nice I like the mantle especially the curve , good job.

the previous FP looks like its from the flinstones.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's a little Brad-sized door. :icon_lol:

What you're likely mistaking for a latch or small knob is the trim for a recessed gas valve. You stick a key in there to turn on the gas to the fireplace.

Yes, it's a little Brad-sized door. :icon_lol:

What you're likely mistaking for a latch or small knob is the trim for a recessed gas valve. You stick a key in there to turn on the gas to the fireplace.

:icon_lol:

I was hoping to take a trip to Narnia........

Wanna toss me again??

Again? I've seen the video, I haven't tossed you yet. :icon_redface:

Sorry for the hijack, Randy. Very nice work on the fireplace. Do you start with raw lumber and make your own trim, ect, or do you use pre-cut stuff?

Randy,

If you don't mind me asking, as I would love to do something like that in my house....how much did you charge?

I'd love to show that picture to a few contractors and see what type of price I get.

All I have around mine is sheet rock....no boulders like that one. So there is no demo involved.

Looks awesome.

Thanks

Sorry for the hijack, Randy. Very nice work on the fireplace. Do you start with raw lumber and make your own trim, ect, or do you use pre-cut stuff?

I used raw stock for everything Tim. Cut, routed, sanded and painted everything before installation. It's a one off in every way.

Dave, I charged the lady $2800 for demo and rebuild including material.

• 1 month later...

I used raw stock for everything Tim. Cut, routed, sanded and painted everything before installation. It's a one off in every way.

Dave, I charged the lady $2800 for demo and rebuild including material.

Thanks Randy....

My wife is going away for 2 weeks in December....and I am going to print out the before and after pictures and get a quote to have something similar done. When the bid comes in....I'll know if I am getting a fair price or not.

Thanks