CBR1100XX.org Forum

2001 Honda CR500R - SOLD

Old school nasty, very nice.

Wish I was closer. And rich. And man enough to do anything but scare myself silly with that thing. My KTM360 was about as much as I could reasonably handle, but I've always wanted a CR500, just because.

Good luck with the sale.

Old school nasty, very nice.

Wish I was closer. And rich. And man enough to do anything but scare myself silly with that thing. My KTM360 was about as much as I could reasonably handle, but I've always wanted a CR500, just because.

Good luck with the sale.

My thought exactly. I had a Suzuki 500 Quadzilla and an engine equally as potent in a capable dirtbike chassis has got to be wicked. Not to mention that the bike is stunning!

Anyone going from PHX to ATL/southeast?!?!?!

If I could get this here reasonably, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I have been looking for one JUST LIKE THIS for years.

RodeHard,

Maybe you travel to Denver occasionally?

And its Plated!!!! Drooling.......counting money....looking at Google Map Directions to Arizona......realizing that the income tax check to US Treasury hasn't cleared....crying...trying to forget ever seeing this bike.

Sweet!!

Didn't realize they made a Rekluse for that beast.

The Rekluse tames it a bit and let's the back tire hook up better, especially when climbing steep gnarly decomposed granite hills. Without it, all it takes is a minor error on the throttle and over you go. :icon_eek:

I'm confused. It's plated, but I see no signals or speedo or anything. How would that translate to registering it to other states?

I'm confused. It's plated, but I see no signals or speedo or anything. How would that translate to registering it to other states?

It's an Arizona thing.. all you need is a headlight, tail light, 1 mirror and a horn and you are "street legal". If you're riding in the city you may get hassled for not having DOT tires but otherwise it's game on.

It's an Arizona thing.. all you need is a headlight, tail light, 1 mirror and a horn and you are "street legal". If you're riding in the city you may get hassled for not having DOT tires but otherwise it's game on.

Actually there's no such thing as "DOT" law or regs for motorcycle tires, unless of course you are hauling freight for hire and stop at all ports and pay road use taxes. :icon_lol:

Yes... it don't take much to plate a bike here in AZ. The headlight and tail light don't work and are only on there for fooling the PoPo whenever I ride from my house to the trails. Most PoPo around here won't even blink if they see a head light on what looks like a streetable bike, but boy if they see number plates, your ass is theirs. :icon_eek:

Actually there's no such thing as "DOT" law or regs for motorcycle tires, unless of course you are hauling freight for hire and stop at all ports and pay road use taxes.

Yes... it don't take much to plate a bike here in AZ. The headlight and tail light don't work and are only on there for fooling the PoPo whenever I ride from my house to the trails. Most PoPo around here won't even blink if they see a head light on what looks like a streetable bike, but boy if they see number plates, your ass is theirs.

Uh, last time I checked 49CFR 571.119 includes motorcycles manufactured after 1948....but OK.

Uh, last time I checked 49CFR571.119 includes motorcycles manufactured after 1948....but OK.

Technically you are correct.

However... here in AZ, there is no statute requiring you to run DOT tires on a street legal OHV. I should have been more specific rather than generalizing... my bad. :icon_shifty:

If you have a shipping agent that wants to send me a bank draft above and beyond my asking price, and then expect me to wire a check for the difference, please expect a delay in return funds, as I will have to wait several months or maybe even years for your check/draft to clear my bank.

heheh!!!

I love it

Beautiful Ride