CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mozilla 3.6.2 and the Board problem

EVLXX

OK. I'm having a problem with the board and the Latest version of Mozilla I recently downloaded and installed.

Here's what's going on...

Every time I make a New post, or try and reply in a thread, I have NO Cursor. I can still type in words, like I am right now, but there is no flashing Cursor.

The problem also gets compounded when I try and Quote someone... In that instance, I can only type in front of the quote, and cannot Highlight or moveanything. This means no drag and drop, and no Highlight and Deleting.

To add to it though... after I make a post I can go in a "quick edit " it and I have a cursor and can preform all functions normally.

Yet If I try a "full edit" again I have no cursor.

So far, I have tried running the latest version of Firefox in safe mode, to see if that would work..... Nope.

And I should also note, this same problem is happening on my Mac notebook OS X, and My Windows XP platforms.

Per Brett recomendation I tried doing a Google search for a solution, but still am coming up empty handed. Actually that's how I found to try running in safe mode, which disables the add-ons and themes.

In any event, I'm lost on this one, I'm not a Computer Tech guy, and need help.

Oh ... and one more thing... the problem only occurs on the Board, and on no other sites, that I use.

The key thing you left out was that the issue occured after you got a Mozilla update on both computers. Also that the issue was not present when using another browser...Opera I believe.

Here is what I found after a quick search:

This indicates the issue is with the latest Mozilla but I am using version 3.6.2 with no issues.

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum...5&forumId=1

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...9&t=1710095

http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.fee...4f2ab8f33320448

I, too, have been quietly suffering with the lack of a cursor here since upgrading Mozilla.

I hate that it's nearly impossible to click the invisible cursor to the bottom of the post. I have to hit the left mouse key about 5 times to get it to jump to the spot I want it to move to.

Interesting that FireFox automatic update upgraded to release 3.6.3 just a couple of hours ago. Maybe it's fixed now?

Nope.

Sorry to hear that. I use FireFox and did not have any problems posting that last night with 3.6.3. Hope you get it straightened out.

Well... downloaded the 3.6.3 on the Mac.... and still no cursor, on it either.

Grrrrrrrrr !

:icon_evil:

Funny.... but when I think about it, the only thing that's a common denominators with the problem are,

The Modem,

the local internet provider,

and the Board.

But considering some member here are using the new 3.6.3, with no problems....

it only interest me more to know what's the possible common link is.

There's a comment in the FireFox support forums that this could be caused by an add-on. The suggestion is to

start FF in "safe mode" (all add-ons off) and see if the problem persists. If it no longer is a problem, start turning

on add-ons one at a time until you find the one that causes the cursor problem.

Just a thought.

• 1 month later...

It looks like I found a fix/workaround for the firefox issue.

1. Go under the "My Controls" when Logged into the forum

2. Select "Board Settings" under the options on the left

3. Change "Type of text editor to use when posting" to "Standard Editor"

4. Click "Change my Account Options" to save the change.

Does this work for anyone else????

Works perfectly...sans the rich text editor, sure. I prefer the rich text editor, however.

Ya me too but I'd rather the standard with a cursor than the rich text editor without one. It is a major pain trying to post without a cursor.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use