CBR1100XX.org Forum

H7 Bulbs in Best Buy !?

birdie_xx

I just found that Best Buy carries aoutomotive bulbs in their auto - stereo section !!!

They carry H7 as well. What they had were the "xenon" OPTX bulbs, made by Streetglow. The package states "Xenon white HID" ....

They are 70 watt, with blue glass and are $21.99 for a pair !

Has anyone had any experiance with them ????

Their website is www.optxbystreetglow.com

Cheers,

They lie. PIAA bulbs are the worst on the market. They use a trick to make the light seem brighter, but it is not. See the link to an impartial test in the FAQ section of the site.

They wind the filament on a larger spool, which makes the light beam narrower and more focused. This makes the hot spot much brighter, but the sides much darker. Just what you don't want when going around corners.

Carlos,

That has been true in the past but they have recently redesigned the H7.

They have only been available since November with the new design. I have a 110w German made bulb in the high beam and the new PIAA as a low beam. There is a huge difference in brightness and "whiteness" of emitted light as well as an apparent improvement in night visibility evn while cornering. I did raise the height of the beam. Verticle adjustment.

I like the new PIAA bulbs all tho alittle pricey.