CBR1100XX.org Forum

Another kitchen remodel

BDAZ XX

Mr and Mrs Beatty are happy campers. This was a refurral from some friends.

I removed a wall, moved a doorway, cut into wood floor and removed 2ft to enlarge kitchen floor, removed sliding back door and installed single full glass door, included a new island (control center), had custom built cabs and corian counter tops installed.

1st day: tear out cabinet and knock a hole in the wall.

121011142.jpg

121011147.jpg

120910193.jpg

121011145.jpg

120910195.jpg

121012226.jpg

121012227.jpg

More pics.....................Here.

Now that is impressive Randy, very very nice !

Who came up with the design/layout ? Did your customer have an idea what they wanted or did you recommend the new layout ? How long did this job take to complete ?

I gotta get you to my house one of these days and get your opinion on how to remodel my kitchen !

Now that is impressive Randy, very very nice !

Who came up with the design/layout ? Did your customer have an idea what they wanted or did you recommend the new layout ? How long did this job take to complete ?

I gotta get you to my house one of these days and get your opinion on how to remodel my kitchen !

Thanks John!

Pretty much the entire plan was laid out in my head once I got the clients to agree with knocking down the wall. The only thing she wanted/requested was a double oven since she bakes ALOT. I spent an evening drawing plans and presented it to them. Needless to say they were overwhelmed with the ideas. I did not pick the colors, I am color blind and ALWAYS have the clients pick colors since they are the ones that have to look at it everyday.

This is my altime favorite kitchen so far. It is the 4th one for VBR in the last 15 months. I do not sub out anything and do all the work myself, so it takes alittle longer than other remodeling companies that bring in 4-6 people on a job and have it done in 3-4 weeks for twice the price.

From start to finish it took about 70 days with some odds and ends (favors) done when I returned from florida after new years.

I'll be happy to take a look at whatcha got and give you some ideas next time I get down your way.

looks very good Randy

i also own a custom kitchen and bath company, basically me and two other employees.I do all everything in house as well.It's the only way to keep up the quality i want.

We just finished this one,i designed it myself as well.

The house was a really boring west coast style side split level.The client wanted it to look like a ski chalet.So we took out all the walls and made it into this great room concept.It is going to be featured in a local design magazine this spring.

post-896-1263706839.jpg

post-896-1263706904.jpg

post-896-1263706954.jpg

Thanks Todd, the island was supposed to be parallel to the cabinets originially. I slide the rough framed island over one afternoon and thought DAMN that looks good and gives alot more room to work in behind the island, plus it was easy to slide things onto the island from the oven. I spoke to the owners about it and they loved the idea. The bench is an IKEA dinette set.

Eric nice work and thanks. Funny how things turn out much better when the owner of the company does the work...... :icon_whistle:

• 4 months later...

Geeeez ...... thats some nice looking work right there... :icon_clap: