CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stealth Nitrous...

runner

Who has a hidden nitrous setup and where did you put the bottle?

I am looking for maybe a 35-40 hp boost...but don't want the opponent to know my 98 Bird is anything other than an older carbed Blackbird...

You should be able to hide one of the smaller bottles in the tail section. It might require a bit of creative plastic tray rearrangement to do it.

I plan to hide mine under the gas tank where the airbox used to be. :icon_thumbsup:

To put nitrous on a carbed bird, you'll have to do direct port. So not only do you have to hide the bottle, you have to hide the fuel pump, 4 nozzles, 4 nitrous lines, 4 fuel lines, external fuel filter, wiring, etc. Not to mention you are talking about only a 10hp shot per cylinder, which are some VERY tiny jets.

All of that will fit under the tank, BTW. But you'll have to panel off around it so no prying eyes can look in front of the rear tire and see the bottle, or in the gaps between the tank and frame, and anywhere else. A lot of work.

Just mount it outside and let everybody guess the shot. The stock engine can handle about 240 or so HP before you start having problems, and most people with a nitrous system are EFI bikes that fog the airbox, which is about a 40 shot.

I have direct port. And I am not most people.

There was a guy in Washington who had a nitrous bottle hidden under his rear tail section. His horn button was his trigger. Trying to remember his screen name, somthing like Santiago, Drty Sanchez or SanchXX? AlanB helped him mold the glass under his tail section to create his sleeper.

Cal met him, maybe he will chime in.

You should be able to hide one of the smaller bottles in the tail section. It might require a bit of creative plastic tray rearrangement to do it.

I plan to hide mine under the gas tank where the airbox used to be.

Yeah, I always thought a set of sneaky petes would fit nice inside the tail cowl along the outside of the subframe.