CBR1100XX.org Forum

Home office

RichardCranium

When we moved in our current hovel there was a bonus room upstairs that was just framed out. We used it for storage for the most part but recently began finishing it out for use as an office. We have been using one of the bedrooms as an office up to this point but decided we could really use a guest room so we finally got started on this project.

Here is a link to the album:

http://www.blackbirdpilot.com/coppermine/t...ls.php?album=19

A few pics of what we started with:

normal_DSCF0023.JPG

normal_DSCF0024.JPG

normal_DSCF0025.JPG

We put in a closet and also had to have access to the attic on the other side because its the only way to get to the attic over the 2nd floor. Eventually we may put a small closet there too but for now its just access because there is a 1st floor tray ceiling we would have to contend with.

Drywall done.

normal_DSCF0030.JPG

Paint is done. Mostly. This is a color that was in a couple other areas of the house but it looks more red here.

normal_DSCF0568.JPG

Crown moulding is going up.

normal_DSCF0594.JPG

normal_DSCF0595.JPG

Underlay for the flooring down.

normal_DSCF0639.JPG

This is where it stands as of today. A slow start on the flooring but its going down pretty well. I'm just glad the planks are not breaking with the pneumatic nailer since this shit is so hard. Its Brazilian Angelim Pedra. Red Oak has a hardness rating of 1290. This stuff is rated at 3040.

normal_DSCF0769.JPG

When you're done, you can come over and do mine.

Nice work.

Looking GREAT !

Keep it up.

? What is the square thing on/in the ceiling next to the light in the first crown molding picture... ?

I'm guessing a heat/AC register.

Yep. Air vent.

http://www.blackbirdpilot.com/coppermine/a...01/DSCF0594.JPG

Fun! :icon_neutral:

normal_DSCF0773.JPG

Even MORE fun! :icon_liar:

normal_DSCF0779.JPG

Link to bigger pic: http://www.blackbirdpilot.com/coppermine/a...01/DSCF0779.JPG

Pretty much done. There are a couple of "thresholds" I need to put down and the closet isn't floored yet.

normal_DSCF0784.JPG

Thanks Todd! The air nailer is the shiznite!!!

I got the ceiling fan in today. I stole the one out of my current office since I like it a lot. I put one that matches the other bedroom in here. Translation I wanted my Hunter and put a cheaper one in here. I only managed to get one door trimmed out and it still needs some touch up. Also I guess to to being tired I didn't miter the little pieces in one spot so I'm deliberating on ripping them out and redoing them...then again...its in a not very noticeable place. :icon_whistle:

normal_DSCF0789.JPG

Jeff.... your room, Ha, you're funny !

1.Wanna fight for it?

2.How about we drink for it? 3. First one to actually talk with Sailor Jerry wins?

1.Sure... when are you getting to B's house next year.... I'll met you there at the exact same time and then we can start the Fighting!

2.Before or after the Fighting ?

3..... That sounds like a Loaded bet, isn't he some Tattoo guy... that was famous in the 50's... and how are you gonna get him to Brett's house....? And more over... is the guy still kick'n ?

Well could make a Mock grave in the back of B's yard... and sit out in the Shop all night and toast to the guy...

Or we could all sit around the Fire pit..... that would be cool.

Brett.... you'd better get busy.... you've gotta lot of stuff to get ready before next year...

1. You gotta build a Steal Cage for the fight next year...

2. Build a Memorial to Sailor Jerry.

3. Build a Fire pit... so that we can all sit around and laugh about it afterwords.

:icon_biggrin:

Jeff.... your room, Ha, you're funny !

1.Wanna fight for it?

2.How about we drink for it? 3. First one to actually talk with Sailor Jerry wins?

1.Sure... when are you getting to B's house next year.... I'll met you there at the exact same time and then we can start the Fighting!

2.Before or after the Fighting ?

3..... That sounds like a Loaded bet, isn't he some Tattoo guy... that was famous in the 50's... and how are you gonna get him to Brett's house....? And more over... is the guy still kick'n ?

Well could make a Mock grave in the back of B's yard... and sit out in the Shop all night and toast to the guy...

Or we could all sit around the Fire pit..... that would be cool.

Brett.... you'd better get busy.... you've gotta lot of stuff to get ready before next year...

1. You gotta build a Steal Cage for the fight next year...

2. Build a Memorial to Sailor Jerry.

3. Build a Fire pit... so that we can all sit around and laugh about it afterwords.

:icon_biggrin:

Lets just get drunk and shoot guns in the air instead.

Base molding is all done. Only 1.75 more doors to trim out and then it will be time to break out the caulk and do some touch up painting.

normal_DSCF0800.JPG

OK technically I have to finish the flooring in the closet, put in the window sill and probably a couple other things but I'm concentrating on the big stuff right now.

Here is a closer shot of one of the doors.

normal_DSCF0792.JPG

Lets just get drunk and shoot guns in the air instead.

Well that would be better than shooting holes into a 55 gallon drum , now wouldn't it.... haha.... that was so funny.

That was funny. It seemed like at least a half a min later and suddenly it was raining wet ashes.

I think I would rather just eat a bowl of cereal and go to bed.

:icon_lol:

ROFL. Totally forgot about that. Hey...that could have been a pun. No I think it was Special K...not Total. We should start letting the stories combine. We had Special K with Sailor Jerry in it then went out to fire rifles into the air before going to bed.

• 2 weeks later...

Its mostly done. Just a few odds and ends. I need to caulk and touch up the trim, put in a window sill and then add a few tasty bits. I'm thinking a nicely framed DOI in some yellowy parchment looking paper would be cool. Possibly also a Preamble to the COTUS. I also still have a few odds and ends to bring in from the old office. Will eventually have a chair and a half or small love seat and some book shelves.

normal_DSCF0824.JPG

http://www.blackbirdpilot.com/coppermine/a...01/DSCF0824.JPG

normal_DSCF0828.JPG

http://www.blackbirdpilot.com/coppermine/a...01/DSCF0828.JPG

normal_DSCF0830.JPG

http://www.blackbirdpilot.com/coppermine/a...01/DSCF0830.JPG

Wow, haven't checked the Handyman section in a while.

Looks fantastic Brett, except for the ceiling.......... :icon_wink:

Glad the nailer worked out.

Can I have a Dora the Explorer fan in my room?

I can't wait to sleep in my new room come May.

Step off big man. :icon_nono:

I actually hurt myself laughing. :icon_lol:

Wow, haven't checked the Handyman section in a while.

Looks fantastic Brett, except for the ceiling.......... :icon_wink:

Glad the nailer worked out.

Can I have a Dora the Explorer fan in my room?

I can't wait to sleep in my new room come May.

Step off big man. :icon_nono:

I actually hurt myself laughing. :icon_lol:

Thanks. Too late though on the fan. It does at least match the one in Elissa's room. BTW Dora is yesterday. Its all about Tinkerbell now.