CBR1100XX.org Forum

POLL: What have you had to replace?

silverbird1100

O.K. so this isn't an official poll but I take some pretty high milage trips (4000+) by myself and recently had a stator go bad nearly stranding me in Death Valley, CA. I'm now very worried about something like that happening again and I'm the type pf person that would rather replace it before it goes bad if at all possible.

The XX seems as reliable as anything but it looks like there are several riders having problems with just keeping the battery charging. :shock:

Diddo what Joe said.

The only thing I can add is that the CCT (cam chain tensioner) sometimes needs to be replaced at about 20,000 miles but only sometimes. I replaced mine at 18,000 miles due to me being able to hear it.

I now carry a spare for when it starts talking to me again.

As a matter of fact I think there are still a few of the European X-Eleven models still available at a great price.

'99 with 51K miles...

What Joe said, but I only replaced the filter (to K&N) and plugs once (around 30K) :oops: ,

plus :

a- CCT - twice under warranty (at 25K and again at ~40K....extended warranty :cool: )

b- the FI brain and the wire harness, under warranty ( :cool: )

c- battery, at 43K ( not that it needed it. I was going to the NEXXT'03 and didn't want to be lught at, if... :wink: , but I didn't know Dave was going to be there. Apparently he trained for the Road Side Assistant position :twisted: :grin: :cool: )

d- few of those plastic push-in clips, holding various pices of the bodywork.

I was told once they are intended to be used only once !? :shock:

Oh yes,... I also HAD to change the COLOR.... Couldn't stand the sad, slow black one :fingerflip: ,

only available color (here in US !!!) back in '99... :roll:

a year and a half old 2002 model and almost 36,000 and I've had to replace nothing.

aside from the usuals of oil, tires, brake pads etc.

Gauge cluster after 9kmiles. Not that there was anything wrong with it but the moronic dealer could not diagnose a grounding issue. The problem got fixed later on but, hey the gauge cluster was changed...

Hugo

What Joe said....

I've got an X-11 CCT sitting on a shelf here, I'll replace it when I start hearing the CCT noise.

16k miles, 4 rear tires (f'n nails) 1 front tire, brake pads all around, oil every 3 k or so, 1 air filter, no plugs yet (Iridium plugs rock)

My riding bitch

I had to replace 2 hooters girls with 5 of them, but that was personal choice:

hooters001.jpg

5hootersgirls.jpg

OMG !!! :shock:

Who should we call ???!!!!

If this was a horse we'd call the Humane Society !

Who do we call about the mistreatment of the bike ?! :headscratch:

The Smugler didn't crack, did it ? Good Corbin....

BTW, the girls never look like the ones from the callendar od the bilboards.... :roll:

Smuggler held up fine. Seemed happy at the time it was being sat on.

Yea, they can't all look like the calendar, but then, I got all 5 on the bike, which was the goal. Any way you look at it, the worst one there still looks better than my wife....

Headlights just went out on my bike, and I traced it back to the starter switch; am waiting for the replacement to arrive any day now from Ron Ayers. CCT. Should be due for a new battery. That's about it.