CBR1100XX.org Forum

Terminal Blocks

Zero Knievel

I'm going to redo my wiring. I'd like to use a terminal block. I can find them in Lowes, but they don't come in any kind of container I can enclose around them to keep water off the terminals. No "weatherproofing" at all. Couldn't find anything to improvise with.

Anyone know of a supplier of terminal blocks in weather resistant boxes?

A couple that bikers use:

"Centech AP-1 Fuse Panel"

Blueseas fuseblock, don't know which model exactly.

Then recently, I've seen a fuseblock on the rack at Northern Tool, don't know the brand or how well it'd fit under the seat as it taller vs. flatter.

SPBOXES2.jpg

Splashproof Junction Boxes

BX Series

• Provides for secure, protected below-deck wiring connections, IP rating 54

• rugged cast aluminum box with white enamel finish

• Easy wiring access through multiple grommeted cable entries

• Supplied with high quality connector strips

- secure wires w/compression fittings – no terminals required

(See CS-1and CS-2, for full description – see matrix below for number/gauge of terminals)

http://www.newmarpower.com/Thru-Dex_Waterp...roof_Boxes.html

Centech AP-1 +1

I just installed 2 of them on my bike. They are fused terminal blocks, like the blue-ray or blue seas or whatever it is called.

Centech has a "marine" version, which is the same part, just named different so mariners will hit when they google it.

It is a smallish block, kind of pricey. It is not waterproof, rather, it is designed to work when wet. I have one under my seat, which I replaced a blue ray with, and one under the cowl for my electrics.

I am having a lot of fun rewiring the bike.

Nice, but at 4.9" Height x 3.4" Width x 1.5" Depth, I need to see if I can fit it on the bike.

The BX case is only 4.4 x 2.4 x 1.2. Although it has no fuses.

Do you want a terminal block or fuse block? You originally said terminal block.

These guys have a good selection of fuse blocks: Clicky

Personally I like the Fuzeblock FZ-1 as it has a built in relay and you can make each circuit switched or unswitched power just by placing the fuse in different slots. I also like it because it uses the same mini-blade fuses that most bikes use now so you don't have to keep two sizes on hand. On the downside it's a bit pricey. I have one installed on my FJR and run aux driving lights, two powerlet sockets, my GPS, garage door opener and voltage meter off it.

Initially, I figures a terminal block is all I need. Put a 30A fuse on the hot wire in and set up things as you like. It'd be more organized and protected than how I'm doing things now, BUT there is a value in being able to fuse individual circuits (30A on the hot wire feeding the block and maybe 5A and 10A on individual circuits).

Googling "terminal block" gets one result. Googling "junction box" gets another. You get a third option with "fuse block."

I was thinking of how my ProOiler uses a protected PVC box to hold the circuit board and connectors. I figured that was a nice way to set up wiring under the seat...in it's own protected box rather than wherever I can zip tie it down.

WOOT!

A bit pricey, but went with this.

http://www.fuzeblocks.com/index.php?pid=99

That I can select switched or constant power on any circuit and it all being in a compact package makes the price worth it. Anything I rig up myself won't be as clean, simple or compact.

003_tn.jpg