CBR1100XX.org Forum

Givi Wingrack Mounting Bracket Failure

timomasalin

Greetings!

On my second BB and second set of Givi N141/Y158 and E36 side bags. Love the damn things, but now have another crack in mounting bracket. Grrrrr. Anybody else have these issues, suggestions? Or do I just tell the welder to add some plates? I know this is NOT because of wheelies with loaded bags...right?

:icon_whistle:

Greetings!

On my second BB and second set of Givi N141/Y158 and E36 side bags. Love the damn things, but now have another crack in mounting bracket. Grrrrr. Anybody else have these issues, suggestions? Or do I just tell the welder to add some plates? I know this is NOT because of wheelies with loaded bags...right?

Did the crack appear in the formed pipe that joins to two wing rack sides? Thats what happened to mine. I just ground off and inserted a 5/8" bolt inside the break and welded it up. Both sides have been done now. I think I overloaded the bags a bit too. LOL

Greetings!

Did the crack appear in the formed pipe that joins to two wing rack sides? Thats what happened to mine. I just ground off and inserted a 5/8" bolt inside the break and welded it up. Both sides have been done now. I think I overloaded the bags a bit too. LOL

Yep! Once there on my 99 BB and then this one ('02) it was on the rear wingrack mount. Getting welded as we speak, also emailed givi to see if they had an updated hardware kit, they actually wrote back to say no they didnt, now trying to get a free replacement kit, wish me luck!

T

• 9 months later...

And it broke again...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Now exploring either metal fabrication to make the crossover part of the bracket out of solid steel instead of the hollow tube that keeps cracking or if that wont work, going to bite the bullet and buy the sw motech bracket. As an added bonus, Givi part is backordered, no availability from anywhere for 3 + weeks. Still love the bags, just gotta get this little gremlin under control!