CBR1100XX.org Forum

my house

motoracergabe

I just bought a house, closed on it last week, and started moving my stuff in. :icon_biggrin:

It's a small house. but for being single and 22, it is plenty for me. It's only 2 years old, was occupied for about a year. I got a pretty good deal. It was a foreclosure, but is not all beat up like most foreclosures. It is the small house on the block :icon_redface: but it stands out. It's the only house with the driveway like that and the only one that has a mixed flat/pitched roof. Most of the houses are either pitched or flat around here, this one is both.

Image007.jpg

I'll get some more pics as I unpack everything this week. I still need to get the bikes over to the house... they're over at my parents' house. The XX is still down, I need to install the new stator, I'll get to it sometime this week or maybe this weekend.

I can't wait to start projects and whatnot :icon_dance:

First, congrats !!!!

Second, small is good, small is maintainable, and small is (these days) affordable.

I commend you for buying small...because that is all you really need.

I bought small 5 years ago....while all my friends were buying big for the simple reason that the bank allowed them.

So now, the are being foreclosed on, living to pay the mortgage, and trying to keep up with the Jones'.

Once I was being mocked for buying a house way under my means in terms of money...now I look like the only smart guy in the bunch. I can "almost" pay my full mortgage payment with one weeks unemployment. That makes me feel good. Not that I need it...but it makes me feel good.

SO....stop your :icon_biggrin: bitching :icon_biggrin: about how small the house is, how small it is compared to everyone else on the block. You got a great deal, a (from what I see in the pictures) beautiful house, and something you could obviously afford. Good ON YOU !

P.S. Nice car...and beautiful driveway.

Make that house a home!!!!

Welcome and again, congrats !!!!

Oh, and by the way....YOU and people like YOU will be the reason we get out of this economic mess.

Only spend what you can afford....

Again, GOOD ON YOU !!!

Congratulations - I would consider it a major achievment to own a home at the age of 22! A friend once told me "buy the least expensive house (what you can afford) in the most expensive neighborhood you can find". I have always thought that good advice - chances are you will have better neighbors who take care of their homes, thus increasing the value of your home. As Dave said, a small house is good - it is affordable AND easy to keep clean which leaves more time for riding. :icon_smile:

I love the driveway!

^ thanks guys

Dave,

It's terrible how lots people want a big house with this and that but when it comes down to it they get into something they cannot afford. I am very happy with my purchase. I could have gone bigger BUT shoot living by myself I don't need a big house, I got a great deal on this house , and I feel a lot more comfortable with the payment. No need for a bigger one :icon_wink: