CBR1100XX.org Forum

2008 C-14 For Sale

. The Concours has 15k miles, just got new rotors, PR2's installed on 7/10 haven't even touched pavement yet, HIDs, Tinted screen, Givi plate, heated grips, bar risers (not installed), aux fuse block, battery tender hook up, Staintune exhaust, factory exhaust and a factory screen. Throttlemeisters, fender extender, fresh oil change, title on hand, cash on pickup only please. Located in RI. $8500

Crap... it didn't sell this weekend?

Nope, the guy seemed hot on it, he's got one, one of his sons has one and his other son wanted mine. Came up with silly numbers re. trade value etc. So we're still trying.

• 2 weeks later...
Why is this bike looking for its 3rd owner in a year?

1st owner sold it, to me, to help a family member financially, who was having health challenges.

2nd owner (me) sold it to buy Dave's ZX14.

3rd owner, Blackmax, is selling it to buy the ZX that I bought from Dave.

If I was working, I'd buy the C14 back as it was the best bike I owned.

Hope that helps.

:icon_biggrin:

Looks great, but I'm holding out for the '09 in black. Rode the Connie 14 and an FJR1300 last weekend, and loved them both, but the shifting on the FJR was horrible; tried to be smooth as I could, but always got a jerky shift, esp. from 1 to 2.

Probably complaining, I was bumping the thing on 2 different boards and Craigslist every other day with no offers. I was hoping it would sell quick so I could help JJPXX out of his ZX jam. But all is well now my C-14 is sold and will be headed to Indy for the race and the ZX is in my garage already!

• 3 weeks later...
Owned a GL1800, test rode a C14. I'd say quite a bit faster than the Wing, especially the top end. Wing is definitely more comfortable though.

I think Redbird pinned his rented wing at 142 at Hookers a few years ago.. sounded like a freight train.