CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pond Fixing

Crusty

After I hooked up all the pond stuff for this year, I got everything settled and then, the water level would not maintain its self. The previous owner invented all this stuff to do this, and it worked great last year when we moved in(all ready running)

This valve (see picture) is broken and I cannot find anyone who knows what it is, what it is called, or where to get one. Does anyone here have an idea about this?

Thanks, James

It's a Mexican Swine Flu Bomb! Call Homeland security!

Yep, as Blackhawkxx says. See if there's a little arm or lever with a hole for a float that would actuate it.

No, there is no arm/rod/siphon I have been to Lowes/Homedepot/Rona and three plumbing shops, none of them know what it is used for. I use it for the pond water level, but can not find where to buy a new one. :icon_wall:

No, there is no arm/rod/siphon I have been to Lowes/Homedepot/Rona and three plumbing shops, none of them know what it is used for. I use it for the pond water level, but can not find where to buy a new one. :icon_wall:

Get the name stamped on the case and post it. I see an inlet hose, diaphram case, tension control knob and outlet port, correct?

Get the name stamped on the case and post it. I see an inlet hose, diaphram case, tension control knob and outlet port, correct?

I believe so. I installed the whole -filter-watertank-UV light-pump system, and have the thing running. Its cleaning up the pond nicely, but won't maintain the water level automatically.

The pictures were taken last summer when it was being set up by the then owner. I set if all up, and see that the 'valve' is broken as it spits water out from all over. I was hoping to find somone that knew what the name of the 'valve' was so I could just by it, and when I have shut the pond down and replace it, I can minimize the down time.

Its looking like I will just have to shut it all down and pull the valve off ... :icon_rolleyes:

It's a Delta or Fill Pro toilet fill valve. You can pick one up at your local Ace Hardware their stock # 43668 should cost around $16.

http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_902311_fillp...l_valve_reviews

HA!! Thats it. Now I have to find a store here.

Thanks!!!! :icon_hail:

Fucking bastards .... A $10.00 part, and you have to go through the email address, the home address, the phone number, the password, create an account, fill out the shipping address... then they charge you $35.00 for shipping, (via UPS) who's going to charge me some fucked up 'brokerage fee' the thing is going to be $80.00 fucking dollars.

Thanks for fucking nothing..

according to the reviews they are available at Ace Hardware

or just order one online for the $10.00 with free shipping

I checked the Ace Hardware site, and they don't have them listed.

Yep, as Blackhawkxx says. See if there's a little arm or lever with a hole for a float that would actuate it

There was no arm or anything on mine either. If I remember right, you can take them apart to maybe fix it.

Yep, as Blackhawkxx says. See if there's a little arm or lever with a hole for a float that would actuate it

There was no arm or anything on mine either. If I remember right, you can take them apart to maybe fix it.

That seems to be an option now ... Thanks. :icon_biggrin:

Fucking bastards .... A $10.00 part, and you have to go through the email address, the home address, the phone number, the password, create an account, fill out the shipping address... then they charge you $35.00 for shipping, (via UPS) who's going to charge me some fucked up 'brokerage fee' the thing is going to be $80.00 fucking dollars.

Solution #1: Don't live in Canada.

Solution #2:

Solution #1: Don't live in Canada.

Solution #2:

Thanks, the help is appreciated...

Fix the leak in your liner???

Liner? :icon_shifty: The pond has a LINER :icon_eek: I gotta find a hole in my LINER? :icon_wall:

Found the valve in question...

Never even bothered going to the local Hardware store, figured there was no way they would have one, or, even know what it was... turns out they use them for the water levels on the water for live stock.

Who woulda thunk it...

Edit. Offendning picture removed

Liner? :icon_shifty: The pond has a LINER :icon_eek: I gotta find a hole in my LINER? :icon_wall:

Yes, most contractors lay down a 45 mil EPDM liner under the pond, to keep the water from running away. I develop pond estimating software as one of my side businesses.

Yes, most contractors lay down a 45 mil EPDM liner under the pond, to keep the water from running away. I develop pond estimating software as one of my side businesses.

No, I was joshing ya.. I understand the need for a liner, I have one it seems to be fine, just the little valve thing was the issue. Water level is fine for a day or two, then it shows a drop in the level a bit. (evaporation)

I found a new valve, just have to install it.

The software sounds interesting. Hope you do well with it.

Sorry I was goin g to tell you he's Fucking with you ..

Well, anyone that's into 'wet & rubber' :icon_biggrin: can't be all that bad!

• 2 weeks later...

I keep thinking this thread title sounds like something that would get you in trouble with the National Collegiate Pond Association and have all your juniors banned from playing next school year.