CBR1100XX.org Forum

Falken Ziex ZE-912 Auto tires

RXX

I have been hearing Falkens being touted for awhile and tried to get some for my Mini a couple years ago, but couldn't get them in time. I am having a set put on today. They are about half the price of the other guys. Does anyone have experience with them? Mine are v-rated all season 16's with a 40K tread life. I only got 35K out of my goodyear eagles.

Usually (just like bike tires) you get what you pay for. My dad had a set of Falkens on his Supra back in the 90s.

2 of them suffered belt seperation and they would not warranty them. Rep said that my dad was running them

at highly illegal speeds and racing around corners.

It was an 83 Supra with an automatic that would top out about 115 and my dad was in his early 80s.

Hpoefully they have gotten better.

Check Tire Rack or Discount Tire for any reviews that they have.

Erf, Nm my unedited post here, if anyone saw it.

I had a set of the ZE-512 tires for 3 days on my STI, and they were awful under something with that much power.

From what I've heard, the 912's are supposed to be the cat's meow, as long as you don't need great wet/cold traction.

I have been hearing Falkens being touted for awhile and tried to get some for my Mini a couple years ago, but couldn't get them in time. I am having a set put on today. They are about half the price of the other guys. Does anyone have experience with them? Mine are v-rated all season 16's with a 40K tread life. I only got 35K out of my goodyear eagles.

I don't know about the ZE912 tyres but have used both the older Falken FK512 and the latest FK452. The 512's was used on my wife 240 hp turbo car and functioned very well and lasted longer then Continental Premium Contact, which is an expensive top tyre. The 512's were used for about 30 000 miles. Falken tyres are made in Japan and manufactured at the same facilities as Dunlop tyres.

The 452's I'm using now is more track and sport car oriented, it is in the same division as Bridgestone Potenza RE50, Michelin Sport SP2 and similar tyres. They are used on my 300 hp turbo car and a similar set also on the other (240 hp) car. The handle very well, stiff sides, which make the car ultra stable also at ridiculous speeds and they turn in very well to. Not much of a problem with road noice eather and they absorbs road irregularites quite good. I have no idea about how long they will last though since they havn't been on the car for more than e few weeks. Handling and grip wise they are superb. They have very good grip in wet and dry and makes almost the same lap times as the expensive brand top tyres.

Doug (Oldgeezer) & I took a spirited 160 mile round trip last Wednesday on my brand-new set of Ziex 912's over the Cherohala Skyway in TN/NC. Rained or drizzled most of the way, roads were never dry as I recall. Doug did all the driving. Maybe he should chime in to say how they felt to him. He had had some 512's also.

Doug (Oldgeezer) & I took a spirited 160 mile round trip last Wednesday on my brand-new set of Ziex 912's over the Cherohala Skyway in TN/NC. Rained or drizzled most of the way, roads were never dry as I recall. Doug did all the driving. Maybe he should chime in to say how they felt to him. He had had some 512's also.

Some info on the 912's, all season usually means no good at anything :icon_neutral:http://www.falkentire.com/Tires/Passenger-Car/ZIEX-ZE-912-2

all season usually means no good at anything

That's quite a generalization. The best tires I've ever had on my Impala, bar none, are the Bridgestone RE730. By all specs, they are an unimpressive tire model, but they stuck like glue in any weather, and they endured all manner of high speed abuse. They wore out fast, though, because they were a very soft rubber -- too soft, apparently, because Bridgestone had already replaced them with the comparatively underwhelming RE750 by the time I went to buy my second set.

Some info on the 912's, all season usually means no good at anything :icon_neutral:http://www.falkentire.com/Tires/Passenger-Car/ZIEX-ZE-912-2

Yeah, I know all about the "all season" shit..... fact is, while we have 4 seasons here in east Tennessee, it RARELY snows enough to cover the roads, and on those days I drive my beater car anyway. And I am sure there are much better tires for twisties, etc, but the fact is, I am a cheap bastard, so I was looking for the most tire for the money (but not shinko or chinko or whatever). The damn car came OE with run flats. Fuck that shit.....$260 for a fucking tire, blow me. My replacements were Goodyear Eagles of some kind that worked pretty well and gave me 35K miles.

So I am happy now and appreciate everyone's opinions and advice. Thanks!

Yeah, I know all about the "all season" shit..... fact is, while we have 4 seasons here in east Tennessee, it RARELY snows enough to cover the roads, and on those days I drive my beater car anyway. And I am sure there are much better tires for twisties, etc, but the fact is, I am a cheap bastard, so I was looking for the most tire for the money (but not shinko or chinko or whatever). The damn car came OE with run flats. Fuck that shit.....$260 for a fucking tire, blow me. My replacements were Goodyear Eagles of some kind that worked pretty well and gave me 35K miles.

So I am happy now and appreciate everyone's opinions and advice. Thanks!

+1,Once you`ve tried dedicated winter tires you`ll NEVER go back to all season nonsense.Never.

All seasons are nowhere near dedicated winter tire on snow or ice,on the other side with all those groves and cuts they don`t have direct feel of dedicated performance summer tire.

912's, 512's...whatever. What about the 714's?