CBR1100XX.org Forum

BikeBandit.com

Scooter

Hi All, I wasn't sure which forum was the best place for this, but since this is my favorite forum, I figured what the hell. If I got screwed so might some of you. So, here's a heads-up: I bought a 'close-out' jacket from this outfit. I normally wear a medium size jacket but plan on doing some extended season riding and wanted a bit more room for more layers and ordered a large size instead.. The 'Large' might have been a childs large but certainly not an adult small! When I called to say there must have been some kind of mistake in the sizing I was met with: 'Those jackets run a little small. All sales are final. No exchanges-no refunds, sorry'. I really was out of character and was very tactful reminding them of a merchants obligation to deliver what they claim to have, but to no avail. 'That's our policy'

It's really no big deal - I called my credit card company and they will deal with it. I guesss what really pisses me off is that we're talking $85. No one's gonna miss a meal over it - not me; not them. I offered to buy a jacket for twice the price (Tourmaster) if they would just exchange it for something that actually fit me. Nope, not happening. Clearly management has their head up their backsides. I have already done many hundreds of dollars of business with them this year and would have spent much more - but don't kick me in the groin and tell me have a nice day :icon_naughty:

Well in the spirit of 'Policy'; It's my policy to not let other memebers of this forum end up in the same situation. So I offer this for your consideration: The local bike shop where you can actually try stuff on (and is part of your community) and may be there to help out when you need that odd-ball part or accessory to take that last minute weekend trip may just be the best 'value' if not the lowest price. Well, at least that's my 'Policy'. Or, you can deal with an organization who warns us in advance with their very name: Bike Bandit.

Whew! That feels much better - now, it's Miller-Time! :icon_dance: (You can tell how old I am if I can remember that ad!)

I've only used BikeBandit to price check OEM parts (and to verify part numbers). I ordered from them when there were no reputable shops nearby and I always got ass raped on shipping costs.

I'd never think about going to them for non-part items.

Closeout items BikeBandit.com does not accept returns of items purchased on closeout.

Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong, but it is there on their webpage.

Face to face business is a much better way to make sure you get the treatment you deserve.

Most of the time it is down to the local Honda dealership, those guys are your neighbors and they have bills to pay too.

Closeout items BikeBandit.com does not accept returns of items purchased on closeout.

Pat, I understand and agree with what your saying. Still I would have tried to get my money back. The company still has an obligation to accurately describe their product.

agreed! Those run small is not a valid reason to refuse a refund or exchange IMO. And especially on coleout items it should have been mentioned. Its happened to me a couple times personally

J

Pat, I understand and agree with what your saying. Still I would have tried to get my money back. The company still has an obligation to accurately describe their product.

Hi All, I wasn't sure which forum was the best place for this,

There is a section specifically for this but it is deceptively named "Vendor Reviews".

I suggest you either cut/paste this post there or ask a mod to move it. It will remain on the first page or two there for a long time since there aren't a lot of new posts in that section.