CBR1100XX.org Forum

Streetfighters by Design and Pro-Bolt

Some of you are aware of my "pink" bolt issue on the ZX-14. I ordered and installed a bunch or red anodized stuff from Pro-Bolt through David Cork at Streetfighters By Design. Well, a lot of it faded to a lovely shade of pink, not the look I was going for. I've dealt with David before and his customer service has always been excellent, so I decided to drop him a note last night with some pictures attached to see if there was any recourse before just chucking the shit in the trash. He emailed me back within an hour and told me he had forwarded my email and pics to Pro-Bolt and would get back with me soon.

He called me this morning, told me there had been an issue with some of the red stuff going out and they would replace whatever was bad. He also told me they weren't sure what the issue was, so it might happen again. His advice, given that last tidbit, was to replace it all with a different color. I told him the fairing kit was mostly okay (the problem seems heat related) and I didn't want to get greedy. He said if even a couple bolts were bad, then I had a new kit coming.

I would have been happy making a list of what I had that was bad and having it replaced. He pretty much told me if it might happen again, the best bet was to change it all, which is a lot more product.

Bottom line, 14 hours after my email to him he's having Pro-Bolt drop ship me a full fairing kit, full engine kit, brake and clutch reservoir covers, a set of twelve 6mm bolts for the exhaust endcaps and an oil filler cap, all in black, no charge.

Huge props to David for some excellent customer service and to Pro-Bolt for stading behind their product. If you ever need anything he sells, David is the kind of guy you want to do business with.

Streetfighters by Design

BTW, if you ever need anything from across the pond, check with him even if it's not on his site. Incredibly helpful guy who goes the extra mile.