CBR1100XX.org Forum

Interesting XX Handlebar Mod.

MrBadExxample

Check out the bar risers and handlebar. Interesting. Anyone recognize this bike or the equipment used for the modification?

Looks like an early model LSL bar kit.

I second that opinnion

Stupid question in 3.....2......1.....

Why is the key secured with what appears to be the largest zip tie known to man, to aforementioned handlebars?:icon_think:

If it's your only key, it'd be a bitch to lose it.

I know a guy with a Ducati who showed up for a group ride. No keychain. The key slipped from his hands and went down that narrow gap between the key cylinder and his tank. We had to half disassemble his bike to fish the key back out of the engine. :icon_eek:

Why is the key secured with what appears to be the largest zip tie known to man, to aforementioned handlebars?:icon_think:

Probaby at a dealership to be serviced or to be sold, that way the key doesn't get lost.

Zero,

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. You may not know this, but you are not required to answer every question. In fact, if you're clueless it's better if you don't reply.

Anyho.....

That bike is at a salvage yard, waiting to be auctioned. Till it's sold, the yard desires the key to remain with the bike, pretty much what Pat said.

Zero,

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. You may not know this, but you are not required to answer every question. In fact, if you're clueless it's better if you don't reply.

Anyho.....

That bike is at a salvage yard, waiting to be auctioned. Till it's sold, the yard desires the key to remain with the bike, pretty much what Pat said.

Didn't realize my piss could fly so far as to reach your Cheerios.

My reply was not much different from Pat830, so I guess I'm pretty darn "clueless." :icon_rolleyes:

OK Thanks...like I said it was a stupid question.

I was going to assume it was for sale, but wanted to throw in the humorous quip about the largest zip tie known to man...

Wasn't my intention to be the catalyst for cherrio-pissing and the sort.

I was going to assume it was for sale, but wanted to throw in the humorous quip about the largest zip tie known to man...

You didn't do anything wrong. Everybody is a little sensitive when their hemorrhoids are acting up. :icon_lol:

You didn't do anything wrong. Everybody is a little sensitive when their hemorrhoids are acting up. :icon_lol:

I thought hemorrhoids were like Yankees, once they come down, they never go back up..... :icon_whistle:

I'm sooooooo hoping that is really well photoshopped... :icon_barf: That shit is just WRONG!

:icon_rolleyes: I do like the paint scheme though. :icon_biggrin:

I'm sooooooo hoping that is really well photoshopped... :icon_barf: That shit is just WRONG!

Nope no PhotoShop :icon_surprised: It is owned by Deadman, tintaldra_march_2009_dianes_house_028_14

He's an older member of our Ozblackbird.net forum, he is a qualified engineer and spent quite a bit of time getting them right and licenced (licencing stuff like that is a lot stricter here in Aus), not my cup of tea either but he reckons the bike handles well with them and gives him more leverage while cornering and a more upright seating position :icon_surprised:

You can also just see where he has lowered the rear of the seat by cutting and re welding the rear subframe by looking at the frame/seat gap :icon_surprised:

2006 and 2007 model

CBR1100XX-2006silver1.jpg

• 3 months later...
Anyho.....

Any chance I could get the name of that yard? I'd love to get my hands on that bar setup.