CBR1100XX.org Forum

Frankenbird

I pretty much agree with everyone else that believes it's worth more to those that know about it.

Do you have other pictures of it? I'm not as regular as some people around here and I must have missed the write up on this thing. I'd be interested in hearing more about the process. Was this something you planned and thought out? If so, you're much more creative than me!

Good luck with the sale.

Byrd, I don't know you or your bike like most of these guys seem to, but I have to say I am THOROUGHLY impressed. That is a keeper if I have ever ran across one. Very nicely put together and thought out!!! Nice job!!

Sure you wanna let it go?????? Search all options before selling!!!

Thanks for all of the kind words guys. I love the bike and she's an absolute blast to ride but........

I don't know, we'll see.

I pretty much agree with everyone else that believes it's worth more to those that know about it.

Do you have other pictures of it? I'm not as regular as some people around here and I must have missed the write up on this thing. I'd be interested in hearing more about the process. Was this something you planned and thought out? If so, you're much more creative than me!

Good luck with the sale.

Here you go....

I'm not as regular as some people around here

Eat more fiber? :icon_biggrin: I can't validate this URL while I'm at work.. http://www.colonblow.com

Keep it, Jeff. She's a work of art.

I'm not as regular as some people around here

Eat more fiber? :icon_biggrin: I can't validate this URL while I'm at work.. http://www.colonblow.com

Keep it, Jeff. She's a work of art.

I actually know someone who took that stuff. He said it works as advertised.

Oh, and keep the bike Jeff... but sometimes you gotta do what you feel is right.

OK....

I'm calm now.... and my sanity has returned, so I have a question for you.

How many times did you ride it last summer ?

You still have the ST I take it, and if yes, which do you ride more ?

And taking into acount some of us, just simply enjoy building stuff, just because we want to.

Then Life throws you a curve ball, and maybe even a curve ball you wanted in one way or another, and you have to make a decission.

Years ago, in 98 to be exact, I sold my beloved bike (at the time), in order to make some quick cash for a Down Payment on the house we now live in.

In hind sight, I have no regrets.....

I have a beautiful Family, and live in a good neighborhood. In retrospect, selling that bike is what lead me to one day Buying the Bird and meeting all of you.....

How's that for a Silver Lining.

And well... if you ever feel the need to Ride a Bird again, I know a guy that would probably let you ride his.... :icon_biggrin:

What's with that piece of crap alaska bike? :icon_biggrin:

DSC03789.JPG

If you do sell ithe Frankenbird and need an XX to ride, mine is just sitting at Doug's house. You are welcome to it anytime.

That reminds me, good times!!! :icon_biggrin:

HPIM0033.jpg

HPIM0048.jpg

HPIM0046.jpg

I'm suprised nobody's said it yet, so:

I'll start the bidding at $5!

Honestly, keep it... unless you can hit the local bike nights this spring and get some... well... "person" to pay you something crazy for it... I hear there is a mexican roofer in Chicago that likes that kind of bikes...

Mike

I'm suprised nobody's said it yet, so:

I'll start the bidding at $5!

Honestly, keep it... unless you can hit the local bike nights this spring and get some... well... "person" to pay you something crazy for it... I hear there is a mexican roofer in Chicago that likes that kind of bikes...

Mike

Barton.. I have dibs at $100.00 :icon_dance:

I hear there is a mexican roofer in Chicago that likes that kind of bikes...

Yea, but he likes to toss bikes off of mountains. Would be a shame to do that to a work of art.

:icon_biggrin:

NBL, Tim

Do whats best for you and the family. If you really need the money so you can be "movin on up" then do it! :icon_biggrin: You still have the ST and there are always more bikes, I think Dave will have a nice C-14 for you in a few months. :icon_twisted: You'll always be a sexy bitch to us no matter what you ride. :icon_comeheresign:

Do whats best for you and the family. If you really need the money so you can be "movin on up" then do it! :icon_biggrin: You still have the ST and there are always more bikes, I think Dave will have a nice C-14 for you in a few months. :icon_twisted: You'll always be a sexy bitch to us no matter what you ride. :icon_comeheresign:

Awe man, you getting me all misty and shit!

Mileage? Engine mods/maintenance? A buyer's gonna need to know.

You obviously won't get back what you put into it. My XX is almost exactly the way I like it (will do some suspension mods in the future, but it rides fine for now). But I'm changing my Kawi Z750S to fit me better, and those changes are expensive. I sure hope I don't regret it later (I probably won't, but the process is painful).

• 4 weeks later...

Any luck on the sale?

Mileage? Engine mods/maintenance? A buyer's gonna need to know.

You obviously won't get back what you put into it. My XX is almost exactly the way I like it (will do some suspension mods in the future, but it rides fine for now). But I'm changing my Kawi Z750S to fit me better, and those changes are expensive. I sure hope I don't regret it later (I probably won't, but the process is painful).

I think I have around 13,000 miles. The bike is perfect and there are no mods to the engine except for a PCII.

Any luck on the sale?

The bike's still in the garage begging to be ridden.

Still unsure if I'm going to sell her. I have an emotional tie to it that will be hard to break.

It's worth $100

I'll give you $200

And you'll have the satisfaction of knowing it is going to a good home.

Seriously, it is a work of art and would have to have an educated buyer to appreciate it, it would be hard to put an exact value on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Every time I think about selling the FrankenBird, I read this thread and change my damn mind!

Please delete this thread, I've only ridden the XX 142 miles in the last three years! Kilsl me to see her all alone in the corner of the garage.