CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB: right fairing / mirror ['03 xx]

Note to self: anyone can go down pulling out of IHOP when it's 30 degrees. (Cold rear tire meets godknowswhat 6 feet onto the highway) :icon_sad:

Good news: at 8 MPH, only a minor raspberry on my knee for my troubles...

Bad news: just dropped $1600 on a custom paint job, and need another right side lower (and right mirror) fairing; any color

BTW, any inputs on dealing with "Auctmart" on eBay?? They're asking $398 for a full fairing suite + $225 s/h...?

Feel free to directly e-mail me with any leads, or if you're local to Charlotte to ride...: Terry

A little additional info for anyone interested...

I am currently running the Dunlop Sportmax Qualifiers (120 front, 180 rear). According to some folks I've spoken to, these perform very poorly in cold weather...I can attest to that. Of course, it probably doesn't help that I ran these tires at Elkhart Lake in '06 at the Reg Predmore CLASS school (my 3rd time...highly recommended).

As an aside...it was raining on one of the track days, and the Qualifier (rear) did break loose on a corner (I saved it). All things considered, my experience with them has been pretty sketchy. They're probably fine for running hot & dry, but then those are ideal conditions for any tire.

Live and learn...I'm probably going to put on a set of Michelin Road Pilot 2's this year. They are said to warm very quickly (for short rides in town, etc...), and have widely favorable feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

Are you looking for pristine plastic, or does lightly scuffed work?

(ie, are you stripping this stuff so you can get it repainted?)

I dropped at ~5mph and replaced the right side, nose, right mirror cover, and front fender.

You're welcome to any or all for the cost of shipping, as they've been taking space in my garage.

New OEM plastics are not expensive (IMO) - I bought new mirror covers recently from Carolina Cycle, which has the best prices I could find. And when you buy them they'll be painted with decals, if applicable. However, that won't help you with a custom paint job!

That's sorta the route I went.

I ended up ordering all the plastic I needed from University Motors of Fargo, ND for about $800 shipped if I remember correctly.

All painted, all stickers already installed.

The only thing I got from the local stealership was the little bracket that supports the rearmost attachment point on the right lower, as I hadn't found that it was bent until I went to reassemble the fairings.

That's sorta the route I went.

I ended up ordering all the plastic I needed from University Motors of Fargo, ND for about $800 shipped if I remember correctly.

All painted, all stickers already installed.

The only thing I got from the local stealership was the little bracket that supports the rearmost attachment point on the right lower, as I hadn't found that it was bent until I went to reassemble the fairings.

Thanks for the 411...I'll look them up, and see what they stock.

T.