CBR1100XX.org Forum

Email Notifications

JB4XX

I never could get them working with my Verizon e-mail address. I called Verizon several times they checked all kinds of stuff, I white listed cbr1100xx.org ect to no avail. I changed my forum e-mail address to my gmail account and it's worked fine for a couple years

I changed my forum e-mail address to my gmail account and it's worked fine for a couple years

Thanks for the tip. I just changed to my gmail address and I'm suddenly getting

notifications. I haven't had that function work for me in several years. So, it

appears the function doesn't work with Comcast.

Thanks for the tip. I just changed to my gmail address and I'm suddenly getting

notifications. I haven't had that function work for me in several years. So, it

appears the function doesn't work with Comcast.

Excellent. That's odd that Comcast and Verizon have issues with e-mail from here. :icon_think:

Maybe Carlos is using cbr1100xx.org to secretly send millions of spam messages, or kiddie pron.

I went a couple levels up the Verizon tech food chain and they couldn't tell me why I couldn't get mail from the board and said they couldn't see anything blocking it on their end.

While we are on the subject what is the proceedure on here if I change email providers? I am currently changing from the 2nd largest web provider Optus to the biggest Telstra.

I know with my local site OzBB I will need to get the Admin to change my email addy because they don't usually allow Gmail, Hotmail etc and they restrict how to change it :icon_eh: Is it the same here?

No, not the same here. You can change your own e-mail address. Click My Controls at the top of the page then Change E-mail Address in the lower left. After you make the change you need to reactivate your account and you might have to wait for admin approval (not sure, but don't think so) but it's pretty painless.

gallery_39_183_52270.png

you need to reactivate your account and you might have to wait for admin approval (not sure, but don't think so) but it's pretty painless.

I didn't need to reactivate, just had to re-log in, then was good to go.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use