CBR1100XX.org Forum

Table saw upgrade decision

SwampNut

My local dealer has factory refurb Unisaws for $800 with a full original Delta warranty. That seems like a good deal. This includes the cast iron wings but nothing more (no fence).

Then I have to make a fence decision. The Biesemeyer is obviously highly regarded, but expensive ($269). They also sell the SawStop system which is like the Biesemeyer but actually much smoother-running and costs about $50 less. It does require some drilling to fit. The other options are cheaper (both in cost and quality), so I think they're probably not worth considering, but I'm open. One is the light duty Delta fence for $250.

I can walk out with the Delta and Biesemeyer for $1269.

Thoughts/ideas/comments?

Anyone own a Steel City or Grizzly cabinet saw?

I have this guy.

DW746X_1.jpg

DW746X. High quality, solid piece of equipment. The down side is that most of the aftermarket goodies fit since it's not a Delta, Craftsman ect. New it's about the same as you'd pay for the Delta/Biesemeyer

If your not having to move it alot get the heaviest duty one you can afford. It sounds like a hellova nice saw C.

I was lugging around a 325lb ridgid from job to job in Cali, worked great but moving it was a pain. I went with a smaller Royobi 10" nowadays. Works great and is nice and portable.

72be3383-b0ca-48e6-9983-b645942c7762_300

I have this guy.

DW746X_1.jpg

DW746X. High quality, solid piece of equipment. The down side is that most of the aftermarket goodies fit since it's not a Delta, Craftsman ect. New it's about the same as you'd pay for the Delta/Biesemeyer

Damn!!!! That's nice!!!!

I used to be a salesmen in this industry, so I bought this one:

http://www.festool.net/mediandoweb/index.c...mp;sLanguage=EN

You can use the system with the saw, milling machine, grinder etc.

And you can also use all components by hand or with a guide-rail.

Festool is top of the line in Europe, the best you can buy, but crazy expensive.

This system will cost you here (including all components) about 3000 Euro (appr. USD 4000).

If you aren't going to move it much go for the unisaw and either fence.

I've had one that I bought used 25 years ago, still works perfect.

Except that it doesn't run as well on the newer lower octane electricity.