CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brent's Motor rebuild

cbrxxquad

That just made it worth it.

Well, I don't know about that... :icon_wink:

Doing well, sfarson and I went and bought VFRs. Fantastic bike, if a bit slow every so often. I suppose I'll buy an XX again, just not right now.

This thread brings back some memories for moi.

Hey, Tim. How's it going?

Brent, looks like your mill was in good hands, a turbo XX must be a force to respect. Kudos.

J.

• 1 month later...

My claim to fame is rebuilding first gen v4 Honda engines to stock specs. This whole engine project is just plain mouth watering (in a horsepower kind of way). I have been looking at the pictures closely and trying to soak up all of the great information that is front of me. It's just amazing to me what you can do if you just put your mind to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just re-read this thread. Great read.

I wish I could afford to Have Stan build me an XX motor.

Stan, how are you fixed for gloves? let me know if ya need more.

Just re-read this thread. Great read.

I wish I could afford to Have Stan build me an XX motor.

Stan, how are you fixed for gloves? let me know if ya need more.

I wish I could afford to build you one too. Cause I should have gloves when I am gone. Should get you to make a box for me and them.LOL.

I forgot to take unboxing pictures, Stan did an excellent job on the crate.. I was expecting some headache getting the engine back in since it was quite troublesome to take out..

but so far so good everything went smooth and im excited to see how much power she makes...

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

• 6 months later...
but so far so good everything went smooth and im excited to see how much power she makes...

how much?

should be around 400hp @ 20lbs and pump gas..if i run race gas 35lbs should be over 550 but its completely pointless to run that much boost

i get her this weekend she is finally someone complete...possibly a video too

how much?

should be around 400hp @ 20lbs and pump gas..if i run race gas 35lbs should be over 550 but its completely pointless to run that much boost

Hmm.. Those are some pretty stout numbers you're posting. Which turbo did you end up using?

65mm hybrid

This was my bike before Brent bought it from me. It went many times over 200 mph and many miles under heavy boost....most likely detonation happened when the fuel pump lost voltage for a second or 2 due to loose wireing...it is carbed not FI.

Late to the party I know, but since somebody already resurrected it.....

Isn't this the same XX that was in the International Motorcycle Show a couple years ago?

This was my bike before Brent bought it from me. It went many times over 200 mph and many miles under heavy boost....most likely detonation happened when the fuel pump lost voltage for a second or 2 due to loose wireing...it is carbed not FI.

Isn't this the same XX that was in the International Motorcycle Show a couple years ago?

if you are referring to the one at the javitz in 07 then yes

if you are referring to the one at the javitz in 07 then yes

Thought I recognized the pic back on page 1

how much?

Have you reinforced you joints, or are you expecting them to pop every time you hit the gas? :icon_twisted:

Instant wedgie :icon_biggrin:

how much?

Have you reinforced you joints, or are you expecting them to pop every time you hit the gas? :icon_twisted:

Instant wedgie :icon_biggrin:

JB Weld :)

more problems, the turbo was blowing smoke like a fog machine... very embarrassing

how much?

Hmm.. Those are some pretty stout numbers you're posting. Which turbo did you end up using?

65mm hybrid

And what cams/headwork have you had done? What RPM are you running to?

Ill have to have redcam chime in on this one, Running to 13500 RPM

IMG_0443.MOV

IMG_0444.MOV

well I have done a few, now,,, and looks like it might need a little work. but might need some torque too. , Let me know if I can help....

its odd, was still making plenty of boost just seemed to bogg down for a sec then the turbo would come on hard and blow the tire out.. and lots of smoke not from the tire