CBR1100XX.org Forum

Aftermarket plastic - XX on closeout

Is that fairing only for 689 or the full set? The way I read it is that the fairing is only $269 plus shipping shown here.

Not that I am about to buy anything right now, but a full set for that price is pretty good...

I think you're right. I'll probably find out soon enough as I'll probably buy an upper for my 929 from them in the spring.

Got to get a quote to spray and repair my original set but when i saw this on ebay

i had to find out more,got a feeling the spray job an repair would cost the same if not more than the cost of these panels :icon_evilgrin: just need a few people that have had some dealings with this product to sway me.Then if this works out its a trip to the auctions for a track bike :icon_twisted:

come on people.... SWAY ME GOD DAMN IT

I'm not sure whats going on with this particular place but I've heard the stuff from Honk Kong is garbage and needs a lot of tweaking to fit right.

I have heard similar reviews. Along with some people saying the fairings have completely ripped off wile riding, cracking of clear coat around bolts and a lot of dremeling/fabrication was needed.

REMEMBER: You get what you pay for!!!

I'm not sure whats going on with this particular place but I've heard the stuff from Honk Kong is garbage and needs a lot of tweaking to fit right.

I was talking to a Kiwi guy on CBRXX.com and he was saying that him and a couple of mates got sets of these HK panels as either replacements or in his case he kept his newish OEM for resale and threw these on :icon_surprised:

Yes apparently they do need a little work to fit, some of the holes don't quite line up and some are slightly undersize etc so he needed to buy some more fasteners from an auto parts store but the fitted up OK with some work :icon_surprised: The finish is apparently reasonably good but not as perfect as OEM and they have all the mounting points unlike the fibreglass race type stuff :icon_confused:

Apparently they cost him ~$900 NZD whereas OEM would have been like $3000 :icon_eek:

That is for all the panels including the ones around the tank and speedo etc :icon_surprised:

I think CBRBear got some for a 900RR which were much the same :icon_confused: