CBR1100XX.org Forum

For sale, '05 CBR600F4i track/street

The track bike is up for sale. Here's what you get-

2005 CBR600F4i, clean title in hand, 5483 miles. About 500 of those mile are track.

As it sits-

Hindle Ti slip on

PCIII (not installed, but tested and functional)

Penske double clicker shock

Traxxion revalved front

Sprung for 200-220lbs (I have other springs, we can talk)

Scotts upper triple and rotary steering damper

CRG levers

Woodcraft rearsets

Vortex clip-ons

Vortex gas cap

Vortex two piece frame sliders

Braided SS front lines

Factory Pro billet stator cover w/replacable delrin puck

Fiberglass race upper and lower, rattle canned sating black

OEM front fender, rattle canned satin black

OEM tail piece, one small crack repaired (I'd bet money you can't find it) rattle canned satin black.

Oil fill and drain plug are safety wired.

BT014s with 4 track days on them. Plenty of tread but kinda shredded and blued. Probably fine to finish off their lives on the street, but I'd replace them for the track.

Mirrors, all lights, unnecessary wiring and the undertail have been removed. Not even close to street legal at the moment.

That said, i have everything here to put it back on the street, and the harness is uncut and pristine. The only things I think are missing are a set of signals, the left passenger peg and the rear brake light switch.

List of parts not currently mounted, but included in sale-

OEM upper. Repaired and rattle canned satin black

OEM left lower. repaired and rattle canned black

OEM right lower, stickers removed and rattle canned satin black

Cheetah fiberglass "track day upper". Mounts (poorly) to OEM side fairings.

Fiberglass race tail- very rough, need a lot of sanding and paint, but only one small crack

OEM headlight. One repaired tab, solid, mounts up fine.

EBC HH front pads (for both calipers), still in package.

Set of undamaged OEM levers

PAIR block off plates

OEM shock

OEM upper fairing stay. Cracked and a bit tweaked but will work in a pinch.

Stock gas cap, key matches ignition.

All the sub-harnesses, relays, and various other do-dads required to return it to street legal status. Not going to bother listing it all here.

I only have one of the ram air covers that mount between the tank and dash, but they won't mount with the Vortex bars, anyway.

The tank was dented pretty bad when I got it. The dent was punched out from the interior and the repair was finished off with body filler. It's not perfect, but you'd never notice if it wasn't pointed out to you. See pics below.

I'm probably forgetting something, but those are the high points.

The big plus about this bike (in my mind) is it's not just a well sorted track bike. It's perfect for someone who wants a track bike, but not a dedicated track bike. I could have it back on the street in about 4 hours. If you elected to leave the undertail mounted and used the cheetah upper with the OEM lowers you could switch back and forth in under two hours even if you're not all that mechanically inclined.

The only thing keeping this from being a damn nice street bike is the bodywork, and that's a paint job away from being just as nice. Mechanically this thing is perfect and better than new in many ways. I never really cared how it looked, only how it performed, and the mods I chose reflect that.

Asking $4,000 firm for everything. If anyone is interested in a street only or track only setup, that price can come down considerably. I'm a motivated seller willing to work with you, just let me know what you want to do.

OEM lowers with Cheetah upper-

92077844.jpg

All OEM bodywork. The repair to the upper is just to the left of the headlight. No, you can't see it.

91405060.jpg

Repaired tank

90450279.jpg

Race upper and lower-

105145513.jpg

105145514.jpg

Something with more CCs and less cylinders. :icon_wink:

Don't you worry, I'll be there with a bike. (:

Oh, not worried, just curious.

I'm working on being able to go.

If I make it, I can bring spare bikes.

Oooooh, are you getting the Aprillia? I saw it on a board for sale cheap.

Aprilia? Do I look gay?

Wait, don't answer that. :icon_lol:

Correction on the harness being "uncut and pristine". I forgot I cut the ignition wires at Road America when I forgot my key. Wires were soldered, shrink tubed and new loom installed. Good as new. :icon_smile:

Spare/street shit-

106784353.jpg

Also updated original post to include extra levers and uninstalled PAIR block off plates.

It's OBO, guys. I want this thing out of here. I'm not going to give it away, but the price is negotiable.

I was looking for a deal like this too. Damn it. I just paid off some bills with my spare cash. :icon_wall:

Heh...I see a very clean RC51 for sale, not far from you...hmmm :icon_think: :icon_twisted::icon_whistle:

Nah, every RC51 I've seen has either been beat to hell or is overpriced, IMO. You have to want an RC51 to buy an RC51.

I'm picking up a salvage SV1000. Needs a lot of work and it'll never see the street again, but it'll be something to do and with what I'm paying for it I can hopefully get it prepped without going out of pocket. That's assuming someone buys this bike. :icon_whistle:

More pics, hot off the press-

106789439.jpg

106789460.jpg

106790672.jpg

106789449.jpg

106789456.jpg

I really wanted to keep the damper, but with the matching triple it'd be kinda conspicuous in it's absence. Figured I was better off selling this thing complete and starting over.

I hope V-twins are addictive. I really wanted a big bore twin when I stumbled on the F4.

Anyway, my experience is limited at this point, but it sounds great in theory. I loved the 1125r, though I know this is hardly the same thing.

I didn't notice the triple clamp. I was lusting over the damper itself. I'm planning on getting one in the near future.

I've not ridden the SV1000 but I'd bet that with a little tweaking and gearing it would be just as much fun as the 1125. Are you getting the S model?

Yep, it's the S, though it's not really going to matter much by the time I'm done with it.

I'm thinking the twin will suit my riding style better. I know I found the Buell incredibly easy to ride, much more natural for me than the 600.

Heh...I see a very clean RC51 for sale, not far from you...hmmm :icon_think: :icon_twisted::icon_whistle:

Nah, every RC51 I've seen has either been beat to hell or is overpriced, IMO. You have to want an RC51 to buy an RC51.

Ahh I see. I figured you were going for another Honda LOL! Good luck with the sale and the SV1K.

Yep, it's the S, though it's not really going to matter much by the time I'm done with it.

I'm thinking the twin will suit my riding style better. I know I found the Buell incredibly easy to ride, much more natural for me than the 600.

If by riding style you mean lazy (like me) then a big twin is the ticket. You can spend a lot less time concentrating on gear selection. I think shifting is a PIA when trying to reach new limits in cornering speed. The XX spoiled us.

Good luck with it and post pictures of your progress in the SV.

If by riding style you mean lazy (like me) then a big twin is the ticket. You can spend a lot less time concentrating on gear selection. I think shifting is a PIA when trying to reach new limits in cornering speed. The XX spoiled us.

Bingo. I'm too used to large bore bikes. I've gotten more accustomed to wringing the 600's little neck, but I still find myself a gear high every once in awhile. Liter bikes scare me in a track environment, so yes, a nice torquey twin should be just the ticket for my lazy ass.

Now, would someone please buy this 600 so I can start spending money? Screw Christmas, you need a track bike. :icon_twisted:

Redbird can you post the photos at photobucket and give me the link and i will post it on the local board

quite a few guys looking for track bikes might be interested.

le coqxx.