CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bathroom is done

SwampNut

All the major stuff anyway, just have to get shelving up and some other little details. Unfortunately, I don't have my digital camera right now and this borrowed one doesn't allow me to get decent shots in a small space. And I can't adjust the exposure, so it looks strange because the lighting comes from behind the mirror.

The sink table is made from 4x4 hard maple. The top is granite with a light speckle, which just doesn't show in the pics. I had it cut with rough edges to give that real stone feel. It's held up from the table by 3/4" spacers I made from a chrome rod, same one I used to make the towel bar across the front. The sink is a clear glass bowl. The mirror is offset from the wall by an MDF frame with 9 mini-base 60 watt bulbs around it, so they can't be seen but backlight the mirror. I wanted to do this to bring out the character of the stone. The walls are natural American slate in random patterns and colors. Floors are tile and go up the wall for two tiles.

I still need to put glass shelves inside the open space on the left wall, and probably some on the back wall. A TP dispenser is still a necessity, though I might just build one myself from the leftover stone. I love that stuff. I am also planning to put a shelf near the bottom of the table, but haven't decided what it should look like.

finished01.jpg

finished02.jpg

finished03.jpg

finished04.jpg

finished05.jpg

finished06.jpg

finished07.jpg

finished08.jpg

finished09.jpg

Here's the old bathroom...

old1.jpg

old2.jpg

old3.jpg

And some of the destruction I had to go through...

destruction1.jpg

destruction2.jpg

destruction4.jpg

destruction5.jpg

destruction6.jpg

destruction7.jpg

rebuild1.jpg

rebuild2.jpg

table.jpg

Hey, my new shitter is not only this cool all-in-one aerodynamic unit, it has a self-closing shock absorber lid:

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/temp/nov/toilet.avi

Carlos, Nice job. The stone work tile looks real cool. What triggers the

toilet lid closure? A flush? Maybe thats what I should do to keep

Dee from bitchen about puttin the lid down.

Later, Cal

Sweet........where's the workstation?

Heh, I'd probably put one in there, except remember I'm a speed-shitter. I take the Pocket PC in there, but I'm usually done by the time I open the browser.

What triggers the

toilet lid closure? A flush?

It's not quite that automatic. You give it a push and it lowers itself slowly.

You must not have kids or that sink would be a disaster.

Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier. It would be a challenge for kids. Plus if you open the faucet too much, the curve of the bowl shoots the water back out the front.

Doesn't this belong in the Handyman section??

Oops, already forgot I made that section. Man, I'm tired. Two weeks of this has run me ragged.

Carlos, The Sink is real cool. I like the integrated towel rack also.

Looks like the saw paid off with the precision cuts on the

corner angles and such. Nice and clean, smooth fit!

Cal

Very nice, I am extremely inpressed.

The speed at which you got it done and the finished design...... wow!

Hay, seeing how your so good and all I got a basement bathroom that needs some help, and a ....... Oh nevermind! :razz: :grin:

Thanks guys. It doesn't seem fast when you don't have a working shitter... :grin:

Those little flushers can't handle a mans load.

Strangely enough, the new one is much more efficient. In fact I haven't had a double-flusher yet, and that's my normal standard. Must be in the design.

Damn it, now I'm going to have that song running through my head all day.

MUUUUUUAAAAAHHH HA HA HA HA!!

Then my work here is done..

:wink: TJ :wink: