CBR1100XX.org Forum

Well, that's about $2K more than it's worth, pristine or not.

Dont know about that...

Should be able to get $5500 all day. Maybe not this time of year, but Spring no doubt

+1

$4150 for that bike? Let me know where you find that deal. I sold a '97 with three times the miles for $3500 a year ago.

Well, that's about $2K more than it's worth, pristine or not.

Shouldn't we try to help a long time member rather than hurt?

The truth helps.

Skull, I agree with others, you are low on your price estimate.

The owner made a point of posting it here prior to Craigslist or Ebay so the community would have a shot at it first.

The reason so many folks are responding is that what you posted was rude to the seller and silly. :icon_whistle:

I think everyone can agree that its worth significantly more than $4150 as described.

Skull, I agree with others, you are low on your price estimate.

The owner made a point of posting it here prior to Craigslist or Ebay so the community would have a shot at it first.

The reason so many folks are responding is that what you posted was rude to the seller and silly. :icon_whistle:

I think everyone can agree that its worth significantly more than $4150 as described.

I guess the amount by which I'm wrong (if I'm wrong) will depend entirely on how much he gets for it. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe my assessment is rude. What, are you a bunch of women?

It's rude because it could cost him a sale.

Some random guy comes by, reads his ad, then reads a post by a guy with so many thousand posts saying the bike is worth 2k less. Maybe the guy moves on, maybe not.

If you want to pretend you're trying to be helpful, drop him a PM instead of shitting in his thread. This is the type of crap that used to get deleted when were still attempting to moderate in this section.

Skull, you of course are entitled to your own opinion, and I do respect it. As noted though, I did speak with several of the members here, and that is extremely close to what the consensus was (with regards to an initial asking price). And as noted by Tim, yes, that is why I put OBO after it. I am a realist here, but I am also not going to just give it away.

Thank you kindly though to the other posts in this thread :icon_drunks:

Hi Redwing, I will send you a PM here in a second.

Steve

Some random guy comes by, reads his ad, then reads a post by a guy with so many thousand posts saying the bike is worth 2k less. Maybe the guy moves on, maybe not.

If you want to pretend you're trying to be helpful, drop him a PM instead of shitting in his thread. This is the type of crap that used to get deleted when were still attempting to moderate in this section.

Alright. I take your point. I have no objection to yanking my posts in here. I'd imagine none of those that respond will object if asked.

Alright. I take your point. I have no objection to yanking my posts in here. I'd imagine none of those that respond will object if asked.

Skull's a dick!

Bump for a bike that should have a lot more miles on it!!

:icon_biggrin:

Actually, the bike should prove to be a very good buy, at the $6,100, for someone that really wants a near new red 'Bird. If they want a super steal , rather than a pristine red Bird, then they will wait and most likely lament the lost opportunity. Most of the time it's a whole lot easier to make an extra $1000 than it is to find what you really want.

Seems like the urgency to sell will be the determining factor on this one----because for the right buyer, it's a steal at $6,100.

Having lived long enough to lament some of my decisions-----happy trails kel

I will agree, in prisitine condition with only 3,500 miles this is a steal.

This past March I paid $5,500 for Jackie's 2001 XX with 16,000 miles. It was immaculate!! I thought about haggling over the price but I knew if I didn't buy it someone else would, once they saw it.

To me, it was worth every penny.

Good luck in your sale.

Ride Red as Honda Says!

I told my wife the exact same thing, but she still said I had to wait a week because it was still too messy "down there".

Then I tried to rephrase it to "Ride Redd" but it turns out that not only does my wife need to consent to that, but so does Redd.

Here is how I think of it.

If I was in the market for a new bike....that fast, that reliable, that type of set up you are paying $10,000+, right?

Forget the year...it's a Honda.

ZX14 - $12,500

Busa - $12,000

Connie - $12,500

What else?

So now you can get a BRAND NEW, SEXY COLOR, HONDA for 50% off.

I think you can get $6,000 if you are not in a rush. You could have it sold today for $4,800-ish.

If you have time....you WILL find someone at $6,000. It's an $11,000 bike that isn't even broken in yet.

Seriously...If the economy wasn't for shit....I think I would buy it.

So now you can get a BRAND NEW, SEXY COLOR, HONDA for 50% off.

I'm thinking along the same lines as Dave. If I had room for it, I'd consider buying it, and I would give you $6000 no questions asked.

Rare and desirable color, very low miles, sounds like it been taken care of, and my be the last Honda of its type to ever be produced.

By the way, I still haven't seen where you are from?