CBR1100XX.org Forum

Free Standing Woodstove OR Fireplace Insert

I've got a woodstove that easily installs in a fireplace. It would be great for heating a large shop, cellar, or if your hearth is large enough, in your fireplace (to meet code your hearth has to be 20 inches past the front of the unit.) This is a nice looking unit that pumps a lot of heat and is made of plate and cast iron, and the firebrick is 2 years old. Anyone on this board is welcome to it for free. Give me a call if you want to know more 585.243.0442

Does it weigh more than that Yamaha?

Interested...got a brand name, or a size? It might heat the shop a little more evenly than a bullet heater. And I've got this tree I don't like.....

Joe, it's a Glacier Bay. The fire box is 21in. wide and 20 in.deep. The fire brick is in great shape. It's made out of 1/4 inch plate, with cast iron front doors. They have the air-mixture adjusters in the doors. It is one heating mother. I'm blah,blah blahing here. Gimme a call here at the house either tonite, or tomorrow afternoon 585.243.0442.