CBR1100XX.org Forum

New Shed

mickcbr1100

Depends what you're thinking of doing Carlos, my main interest is the bike, made frame plugs, bar ends, frame sliders up to now and got a few other things lined up some for the real world and also want to make a scale model from scratch but still undecided which bike it will be.

I reckon lathe is #1 followed by a milling machine though I've used a cross vice on my bench drill as a miller on odd occassions, you can get the combined lathe and millers which are OK. The other power tools are cheap- bench grinder that also doubles up as polisher, bench drill and some kind of power saw for non ferrous metal. It's a bitch trying to cut 2" aluminium bar with a hacksaw, so soft it clogs the teeth up straight away my bandsaw goes straight through it no problem. All you really need then are some decent measuring and marking tools. Micrometer is more accurate but vernier gauge is more versatile and more than accurate for what I'm doing.

Any other bits and bobs follow as you decide you need them usually because you think they look lonely in that tool shop or on that show stall and need a good home. :roll:

goldbits

Its badged as a Chester but no doubt made in China like most are nowadays, costs £585 and the way things cost more over here probably be the same in dollars over there http://chesteruk.net/modelengineering.htm

I'm sure if you bought one for the rearsets you'd soon find other uses for it afterwards there's always something you can find to improve on or customise to your own tastes, shall be having a go at rearsets myself eventually. Also they're only really a precision benchdrill with a moving vice table so there are a lot of other opportunities to use it as a drill.