CBR1100XX.org Forum

Knock Sensor

traffic273

I am going to tell you like I told the last guy,,I don't think it is the knock sensor, but the 99 00 wiring problem. check the potential on the groundside. Ie, it ain't good enough.

Check out the loom fix search. I am sure it needs the ground wire to have a good ground somewhere, and the connector in the loom is mostly grounds and unless it is solid and able to carry curent well.

Yes I know there is only one wire. Look at the wiring to it.

Do a search for knock sensor in the search engine.

Hope this helps, and sorry about the way I come across,,I can't help it. You ought to hear me in person.. :icon_silenced:

• 4 months later...

just had another idea to check, and that is that it might be working, like having bad gas, coils not correct firing order, coil wires backwards,+ to neg term, and setting the code.

Check that the ground side of the knock sensor connector has good ground to frame OHMS. 0 on all settings. but, may not be one too.

Last time I looked I was thinking that the knock sensor generated a small amount of electricity and if the amound was out of the correct range it would code. So any input from another source would set it off. When you do the loom fix, there are groups that should be together, and others that should not be, but all were grounds. Well maybe not all but most. Seams I remember three that were not grounds and all went together and were not tinable.

Oh well may be some ramblings, but, may be a clue too.