CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel Filter

At 45K plus, I figured I might as well pull the fuel filter out and replace it. Being as the one from the dealer takes Donald Trump money, I took the original one to Oreilly's and had them match it up. I couldn't find one that was absolutely perfect, but this one is identical length, same size inlet and outlet, the only difference is the circumference of the filter itself, and it it literally within 1/4" of the circumference of the factory one. Close enough for government work. The only thing I had to do was get a longer screw to tighten the clamp back around the filter, and I had one in my screw bucket in the garage.

Microguard part number is 33032, grand total with tax was 2.68. Way better than the 43.59 from mrcycles.com for the factory one. I just installed it Sunday and was only able to ride one day, but no issues. No power loss or anything crazy like that, runs as normal.

Wix part number is the same, and shows to be available at my local store for 3.99 plus tax. I wasn't about to be picky after me and the counter guy went through about 20 filters trying to match it up so I stuck with the Microguard one. In all honesty, you really don't even have to put the clamp back around the filter as it can't go anywhere because the hoses attached to it are so short that they don't allow much movement.

And before anybody says it, no, you do not have to replace that pump seal between the pump and the tank everytime you take the pump out. I've had my pump out 3 times now and reused the seal every time with no leaks.