CBR1100XX.org Forum

Integrated tail light bolt up no modification required

cbrbear

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? I bought it in eGay and didnt really look at it now months have gone by and I try to install it and well the wiring is totally different and it wont plug into my stock harness. 97 model.

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? I bought it in eGay and didnt really look at it now months have gone by and I try to install it and well the wiring is totally different and it wont plug into my stock harness. 97 model.

Sounds like the one I have. Pull the plastic connector off your stock tailight and use it on the new one. The new one has a couple of extra wires that don't seem to do much of anything. I can look at mine later and figure out what does what. It's a nice light, but the instructions are a bit lacking (as in there are none) :icon_confused:

Okay here it goes....

Light -----> Bike

green/yellow ----> green/yellow

brown ------> brown/black

green --------> green

blue ---------> orange/left signal

yellow ---------> blue/right signal

IIRC there were two more wires on the light that didn't seem to go to anything so I tossed them.

:icon_needpics:

Of what the crappy wiring stuffed into the rear cowl or the light :icon_whistle:

No dumbazz........the integrated taillight that you 2 are talkin' about :icon_duh: