CBR1100XX.org Forum

Turbos

CasterTroy

Just curious...

Seems like there are a TON of turbos for a busa...but I can't find hardly ANYTHING on turbos for the XX

Is it not that popular a thing for XX's?

Can the XX not handle it?

Are XX owners content with its power so there isn't a MARKET for them?

I did a search and came up with a few topics here on them, but most were on the build of one from scratch :-o

Whats the deal?

Aye, you need to take Google 101 at your local college! :)

Also on this site:

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4407

I have contacted most of the turbo makers within the last couple of weeks. NLR and Hahn are the only ones who would put together a kit for me, the others are either too busy or they said Honda had a new Blackbird coming out so they were waiting until then to make any more. Take that for what its worth...

As to whether the Bird can handle it or not...do a search on Ken Stotz. Seems like he still has the record...on a Bird...with some stock internals in the engine.

Yeah I saw that...I was kida more looking for "regular Joe's" with them

eliXXir..the hahn nightmare is what came up in the searches here....not too fond of the pics I saw of the cylinder :???:

WOW..thanks MiDNiTXX

Dunno why I didn't see that one before :headscratch:

MAN....OK apparently this is really for the die hard....the way my buddy with a busa was talking it was $4000 and no big deal so I was like :idea: hmmm...sell a kidney or so and have a wonderful sleeper :naughty:

NOT!!!

I am personally getting the Hahn kit. $3700 for the kit, I am installing it myself, $300 to have Lee Shierts tune it (he is the only one local). So ~$4000 and a great winter project :)

www.leesperformance.com?

I like those guys...they tuned my TLR and made me a custom map. Took em 6 hrs on the friday before Easter (made the appointment like 3 weeks in advance and everyone forgot it as good friday and they'd be closed) but I showed up and so did they in case I did......they worked all day on tuning my bike (turns out I had a few vacuum problems) and wouldn't let me leave till it was right.

Does THAT tell you something?!

tells me I bough the right bike in the first place :cheers:

Not considering it because if I HAD $4k I'd be all over a track bike and an enclosed trailer...but good to educate myself none-the-less

Velocity racing is who makes the Turbo's at www.velocityracing.com

Kents race Bike has a power to weight ratio of 1 to 1 !!!!

505hp and racing weight of 505lbs. And he dose NOT have to rebuild the engine after every race weekend either.

Worlds fastest Street Bike "Bar None"

No wheelie bar. He rode it on the street on the Thursday night at the Honda Hoot this year.

His personal Bird is a Fast RED One (2001) with a Velocity Racing turbo .

8 lbs of boost gives him 262 hp and, as Joe said, all on stock cranks and tranny.

Impressive Turbo's on an impressive Bike.

As to whether the Bird can handle it or not...do a search on Ken Stotz. Seems like he still has the record...on a Bird...with some stock internals in the engine.

Yeah I saw that...I was kida more looking for "regular Joe's" with them

eliXXir..the hahn nightmare is what came up in the searches here....not too fond of the pics I saw of the cylinder :???:

The "Hahn Nightmare" I feel was mostly due to very poor improper uninformed installation. I still think it's stretching it a bit to try 8lbs boost at 11:1 compression, but the installation and tuning if done right will give some margin for error.

I am personally getting the Hahn kit. $3700 for the kit, I am installing it myself, $300 to have Lee Shierts tune it (he is the only one local). So ~$4000 and a great winter project :)

Cool!

Keep us informed, with pics, about the install.

:grin:

The stock injectors supposedly can't flow fuel to get much over 220-225 horse.

I'm shipping my injectors out to RCS for some investigation of that very issue. I will let you know what the stockers can support and also what the biggest drop-ins are in a week or so.

We obviously need to talk more as I was going to send mine out to the same place this weekend.

Using the RCS fuel injector calculator from their site, and the chart from keihin-us.com that shows the KN4 injector, I figure the stock Honda injectors are probably 20 lbs/hour injectors. The Keihin website shows that there are variations to the KN4 style that flow as much as 47.32 lbs/hour. I wanting the 38 lbs/hour model assuming the PCIII will allow the necessary reduction to make it useable off WOT.

I sent a letter to Keihin hoping for info so I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Forrest

The information I gathered in short:

Hahn:

$3700 - no intercooler. complete kit.

~200hp on a stock motor

NLR: $6000 - with intercooler. complete kit.

~250hp on a stock motor

Velocity: Wont be making a turbo until the next Blackbird is released. At least thats what they told me.

first of all hello all, this is my first post. for those of you interested aerocharger also makes a turbo kit thet has adjustable vein for virtually zero lag. drturbo.com sells them with intercoolers and other accessories available. the base kit is supposedly good for 200whp.

There is a local guy running what I believe is an Aerocharger-equipped 'Bird. It would be nice to get him to post his experiences and impressions.