CBR1100XX.org Forum

Milage

Silverbird2

I went up to Dallas last weekend and was trying to keep track of the milage I was getting on the way there and back since it was not a lot of twisties or anything that would cause me to ride with a heavier wrist than normal. I averaged between 70 and 90 the whole way and approx. 20 +/- mpg! WTF my 7000 lb. truck gets that. I am thinking that the PC is needing to be tweeked a bit.

What do the rest of you get? I am curious to see what someone else with a 4-2-1, K&N, PCIII is getting.

I average between... 23 mpg and 44 mpg depending upon how I'm riding.

20 mpg sounds way too low...

I should add... the 23 mpg, is when my Average speed is around 120... and for the most parts, under normal conditions 38-40 mpg is normal.

(don't tell me you've got a bad Fuel Reg too...... I hate to even suggest it)

+1 I also get that range of mileage. Yours sound a little low.

When did you last tuned it up(plugs, air filter)?

Also try it with the PC III unplugged to see if you have a good map in it.

+1 I also get that range of mileage. Yours sound a little low.

When did you last tuned it up(plugs, air filter)?

Also try it with the PC III unplugged to see if you have a good map in it.

Ditto, remove the PC and then run it for a while. I ran mine setup like yours for years with no PC and averaged 45 or so at 70 to 80

I average about 36 also when driving at legal speeds. I've got an '01 w 2 Bros CF cans, K&N, and a PC III. Last year, someone from the board with the same aftermarkets had their bike dyno tuned. They kindly gave me their PC III map. It was still slightly rich for my bike, so I ended up spending a full Saturday tweaking it. If you need it let me know, and I'll email it to you.

I've logged every tank since I got the bike about 16 months ago.

Commuting, I get 29 MpG in the winter, 33 Mpg in the summer.

Keeping-up-with-traffic highway I get 42 Mpg.

My overall average is 32.1 Mpg since purchase.

K&N did nothing. Drilling OEM cans maybe bumped it up 1.5-2 but I now believe it was a seasonal fluctuation. TwoBros C5 cans did nothing. Beetle Bags on/off makes no difference.

I got over 40 mpg (close to 45) riding from Florida to Texas. I rode between 70 and 80 most of the way and its a totally stock bike with just a tank bag and backpack.

Jetting makes a big difference in fuel milage. I bought a 1983 CB1100F that had a stage 1 dynajet kit in it and it only got about 25 mpg. I put the stock jets and needles back in it and it went up to nearly 40. Ran better too.

On average 35mpg

4-2-1 Erion system, K&N, Jets, heavy wrested.

Yeah, that is close to my set up (including the heavy wrist). I am thinking that I need to start playing around with the map.

With gas prices going ape shit, I pulled my carb bank yesterday and leaned it out. I was getting 38-40 mpg and now hope to get42-45 mpg on my commute.

I didn't set it quite to factory (lean) specs, but went with a smaller washer on the needles and pilot screw only out 2 turns instead of 3.

I also seem to get high 30's under normal conditions. Lots of tanks in the 37.xx range while sport touring.

In mountain twisties or high speed slab runs that drops to between high 20s & low 30's.

Bike is an '00 with Arrow 4-2-1 + K&N, but stock ECU.

My last two fill ups put me at 32.xxx mpg. I try to keep the highway under 80, easy on the throttle. Both tanks were mainly 2/3 highway, 1/3 city. Seems I should be getting better than this. BTW, '99 with K&N other than that, stock.

I have a 97 with yosh slip on and a hindle 4-2-1 factory jet kit and timing advance and a K/N filter. Last time I checked the mpg I was in the low 40's but I am running an 18 -46 gear so it thows the speedo off a bit and I am not sure if I am adjusting correctly. I will chech it again on my 1st trip that I get to use my new GPS so I can check the miles against the speedo.

I have noticed the last 2 months that I am not getting quite as good mpg so I am going to clean the filter real good and see if that helps.

Stock 98 (I believe) and I get ~33mpg avg, was getting ~36mpg when I first got her, don't know whether I am just riding her harder or she needs a tune :icon_confused: Can't say I have ever got over 40mpg :icon_surprised:

That is riding/commuting part back roads/part highway at ~90kmh avg :icon_confused:

Worst was ~27mpg on a hard country run at an avg speed around 140-150kmh :icon_whistle:

Since leaning her out, last tank just got 41.8 mpg for my commute which is up over 1 mountain and lots of ridges with about 17 miles of hiway one way.

With the 1 tooth up on the front changing the odometer 6% it's actually 44.3 mpg.

still runs great no hesitation.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... due to the recent gas prices... I decided to go back and see what I could get out of my Mapping.

Re-adjusted some of the Mapping,

Stock Header,

My Mid-pipes,

My muffler internals,

Stock Air Filter,

15-40 oil,

42psi tire pressure,

17/44 gearing (corrects the odometer to within 0.2%)

65 degrees today...

went out for an easy ride,

Down to the gas station and topped off,

speeds where from 45 to 85, with a few blasts in there,

53.1 miles,

and back to the same gas station, parked in the same spot, and filled up to the same Tab...

1.06 gallons.

That 50 mpg..... sweet !

I think I can get a little more out of her... maybe later....

2002 with Staintune slip-ons and stock everything else. My low has been 28mpg and my high was around 36. I average around 32mpg with mixed riding.

Now a question. What would adding a PC do to the mileage? I'm sure every bike is different, but with my current set-up is it worth it? In terms of gas mileage? In terms of performance gains?

Thanks.