CBR1100XX.org Forum

shimmed the rear shock today

lensmanxx

Well, I put the 6mm worth of shims over the rear shock today- what a difference!. It did wonders for my chicken stripes. I kept scraping the toe of my left boot (ball of foot on the peg, not instep).

ONE thing, however. Who is the asswack who decided to use the top shock horizontal bolt as an attachment point for the radiator overflow tank. WTF? I had to carve the flange on the tank and the rubber grommet to fit because the bolt is now LOWER, but I prevailed. I'm done wrenching on it for the year- time to ride. :icon_rolleyes:

Me likee the shim, didn't notice a difference in my balls though. Still no problem with them dragging. whew, had me worried.

Well, I put the 6mm worth of shims over the rear shock today- what a difference!. It did wonders for my chicken stripes. I kept scraping the toe of my left boot (ball of foot on the peg, not instep).

ONE thing, however. Who is the asswack who decided to use the top shock horizontal bolt as an attachment point for the radiator overflow tank. WTF? I had to carve the flange on the tank and the rubber grommet to fit because the bolt is now LOWER, but I prevailed. I'm done wrenching on it for the year- time to ride. :icon_rolleyes:

As per the other thread:

There should be enough play in the Overflow tank and grommet that you don't need to "carve" anything up

I have had a 8mm shim in and was still able to get the cross bolt to thread into the grommet