CBR1100XX.org Forum

CBR1100XX jacket Group Buy - Final Status 6-7-2008

(hey, at least I have a sense of humor about it...)

Good thing I'm an ass man eh? :icon_evilgrin:

Then you, my friend, are a lucky man. :icon_thumbsup:

A very good female friend of mine (with a great ass, I may add) says that all boys like boobies.. but MEN are asses.

Fixed that for ya... :icon_wink::icon_lol:

Actually, it's more like men are asses FOR boobies... :icon_biggrin:

+1

I fell in love because of the "one",,,33 years ago was attached to the "one".

A very good female friend of mine (with a great ass, I may add) says that all boys like boobies.. but MEN are asses.

:icon_lmao:

:icon_lmao:

Ya try to make the flat as a board chick feel good about herself.. and this is what you get....... :icon_razz:

Fine....

Instead of buying a bike jacket, maybe you should save up and get some tits. :icon_boobies: :icon_razz:

On a slightly different note.................

Thank you again Angee for taking the time in your hectic schedule for modeling the jacket for the members. :icon_clap: I was hoping this would encourage some of you guys to get some safety gear for your spouses/girlfriends/etc. (flipflops, thongs, and shorts are only good for beachwear. :icon_whistle: ).

This is not the way to gear up for riding:

:icon_doh:

Interestingly enough, I received a women's jacket in a size large and it does have a removable back pad. I wonder if the fact that yours does not have one incorporated into it is strictly due to the size of your jacket, as the larger versions do have them? :icon_think:

Ya try to make the flat as a board chick feel good about herself.. and this is what you get.......

Fine....

Instead of buying a bike jacket, maybe you should save up and get some tits.

Plan on it sweetcheeks. :icon_nana:

As for the big busted friend, it won't fit...arms are too big.

The backpad is just a piece of foam in the liner. I had to remove foam from the shoulders and elbows to put the real pads in. I would assume the real back pads are sold at an additional cost.

Guys, get the ladies one of these...I don't know how many of you have seen the road rash queen, but you might want to google it. I don't wanna have that happen, so I'm fully geared wherever we go. I don't care how hot it is. I think this particular jacket is going to be a year-round one with all those vents...they're everywhere!

As I previously posted, I am in for Jacket and pants, but have never had leathers before so sizing is my concern. With variations in manufacturers you get different sizes although they say they are the same, and (thankfully) these days I am losing weight. So my question is: If I order my current size or perhaps a little snug to allow for future weight loss, but the actual fit is loose, or more likely to small, will they exchange for size? Only for the stock jacket but not the custom? How does that work? Thanks for answering!

I would suggest you order the leather pants as to what would be your most recent jean size. The leather will stretch to fit a bit if they are on the tight side, And the waist band system and elastic panels are "forgiving" to non perfect tapered torsos ((ahem :icon_redface: ). I would guess that they can stretch at least a half a pants size or so, in the seat, waist area, and thigh (up to the knees), where the materials are flexed the most as you mount your bike and lean forward. The pants are a stock, off- the- shelf production items that are exchangeable for size AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT WEAR THEM OUT ON A RIDE. I don't think it would be cool to ask the distributor to take back a sweated up or scuffed up pair of pants, NO WEARING THEM COMMANDO ! :icon_barf: The return freight back and forth on the pants should you need an exchange should run under $10, each way, in most cases (lower 48).

Hey Al (toynut),

Just wondering about the perforated jackets.Are you saying that I can't order it in the standard version, or just in custom vers.? I may go with non perf. but just want to clarify.Still deciding on womans jacket also.

Thanks again, john

P.S. Come'on guys where are the orders?! Don't see to many.

The jackets will only be available in the solid version whether or not we reach the 50 piece target required for the customized version. It would take a 100 piece production run for them to offer it both ways. It is still a very well vented jacket that I could wear in up to 85 degree or so temps, as long as it is not too humid. But then again, we "larger" guys don't like muggy climates all that much, anyway! :icon_whistle:

OK everyone,

Here is the current updated list of forum members interested in the GB on either the jacket or pants, or both:

Spicholy- large jacket

CBRXXQuad – large jacket, 36 pants, Women’s 8/10 jacket (women’s pants not available)

shotsfired- large jacket, 36 pants

Flitemedic- XL jacket, 38 pants

UvaldeXX –large jacket, 36 pants

Hobicus- (jacket and pants- size unknown)

JRinNC-XXL jacket, 40 pants Note- They will not be able to supply us with a perforated version

John01XX-medium jacket

Pavdog- ??

Bob the Fish- (jacket and pants- size unknown)

TPXX- (jacket and pants- size unknown)

alf03- jacket (size unknown)

01xxallen-3X jacket

zypp-XXL jacket, 34 pants

T REX14-XL jacket

Obby-38 pants

From the CBRXX.com forum:

flblackbird- medium jacket

ArmyStrong-XXL jacket, 40 pants

Sandsquidxx-large (42) jacket, 34 pants

tonyz-large jacket

HukitAK-XXL jacket, 40 pants

Kacbrxx-large jacket

fstallin- XL jacket, 40 pants

Other than those of you who have not committed to a size, the totals are under 50 men's jackets required for a custom production run.

HOWEVER

We are able to still get the right price from Linda Royer at MotorCity Powersports (248) 858-2300, on the production First Manufacturing jacket and pants.

I will include the back patch and back zipper in the box separately for the same prices as we discussed at the top of the thread. The quality of the stock production jackets, just as they are off- the- rack, will speak out for itself. The garments are exchangeable for size (as nlong as they are in new condition), freight prepaid.

Men's and Ladies jackets, up to XXL, $185.00 each + S&H (approximately $15.00/package (lower 48), whether you order the jacket alone or a combo). XXXL and larger jackets are $10.00 extra. The pants are $110.00 a pair (they already have a back zipper installed).

I have arranged for you to make payment directly to MotorCity Powersports via their Paypal account. I am not interested in handling any funds unless requested to. I am not making a dime or receiving any consideration for this transaction. Orders will be shipped ASAP. I am having my local embroidery shop make me the back patches. They are approximately 10 inches across and should fit all of the jacket sizes nicely. They will also fit on the bottom panel of the majority of the jacket sizes for those looking for that "tramp stamp" look. :icon_shakebutt: After all the orders are filled I will make the balance of the patches available to the rest of the membership, as I will need to order a quantity of at least 50 pieces for the best price (should be under $10.00), as long as supplies last.

To make sure that everyone's orders are handled as expeditiously as possible, I will ship the clothing from my warehouse, ASAP, along with the patches and zippers enclosed in the box.

You will have to either sew them on yourselves, or have them done at your local leather shop/tailor probably for about $10 or so each (if you ordered the pants, the bottom half of the zipper is already attached).

For all of you who committed to the GB, kindly PM me with your final orders. I will PM you back with the payment information and keep a log of your order.

Anyone inclined to add to this order (ladies jacket perhaps?) or join in the deal, feel free to do so at this time.

Thank you all, in advance, for your patience and consideration!

• 3 weeks later...

May be getting a jacket now that it's too late. How is everyone enjoying thiers? Anyhow, what is this thing being referred to as when I call to order? Thanks

OK everyone,

Here is the current updated list of forum members interested in the GB on either the jacket or pants, or both:

Spicholy- large jacket

CBRXXQuad – large jacket, 36 pants, Women’s 8/10 jacket (women’s pants not available)

JRinNC-XXL jacket, 40 pants Note- They will not be able to supply us with a perforated version

John01XX-medium jacket

Pavdog- ??

01xxallen-3X jacket

T REX14-XL jacket

Obby-38 pants

tonyz-large jacket

Kacbrxx-large jacket

Other than those of you who have not committed to a size, the totals are under 50 men's jackets required for a custom production run.

HOWEVER

We are able to still get the right price from Linda Royer at MotorCity Powersports (248) 858-2300, on the production First Manufacturing jacket and pants.

I will include the back patch and back zipper in the box separately for the same prices as we discussed at the top of the thread. The quality of the stock production jackets, just as they are off- the- rack, will speak out for itself. The garments are exchangeable for size (as nlong as they are in new condition), freight prepaid.

Men's and Ladies jackets, up to XXL, $185.00 each + S&H (approximately $15.00/package (lower 48), whether you order the jacket alone or a combo). XXXL and larger jackets are $10.00 extra. The pants are $110.00 a pair (they already have a back zipper installed).

I have arranged for you to make payment directly to MotorCity Powersports via their Paypal account. I am not interested in handling any funds unless requested to. I am not making a dime or receiving any consideration for this transaction. Orders will be shipped ASAP. I am having my local embroidery shop make me the back patches. They are approximately 10 inches across and should fit all of the jacket sizes nicely. They will also fit on the bottom panel of the majority of the jacket sizes for those looking for that "tramp stamp" look. :icon_shakebutt: After all the orders are filled I will make the balance of the patches available to the rest of the membership, as I will need to order a quantity of at least 50 pieces for the best price (should be under $10.00), as long as supplies last.

To make sure that everyone's orders are handled as expeditiously as possible, I will ship the clothing from my warehouse, ASAP, along with the patches and zippers enclosed in the box.

You will have to either sew them on yourselves, or have them done at your local leather shop/tailor probably for about $10 or so each (if you ordered the pants, the bottom half of the zipper is already attached).

For all of you who committed to the GB, kindly PM me with your final orders. I will PM you back with the payment information and keep a log of your order.

Anyone inclined to add to this order (ladies jacket perhaps?) or join in the deal, feel free to do so at this time.

when can we expect to receive them? i paid for mine the day of the pm. i also ordered a xl not xxl jacket?

• 3 weeks later...
OK everyone,

Spicholy- large jacket

John01XX-medium jacket

Pavdog- ??

01xxallen-3X jacket

T REX14-XL jacket

Obby-38 pants

tonyz-large jacket

Kacbrxx-large jacket

HOWEVER

when can we expect to receive them? i paid for mine the day of the pm. i also ordered a xl not xxl jacket?

bump

Hi guys,

I received the XX patches last Friday.

I ordered them in a size that is 10 inches long (end to end). The reason I settled on this size was to be able to create a patch that will fit the majority of jackets worn by the members. This is to take in consideration for the great variations in size (small-xxxl), and the fact that many jackets have vertical zippered vents in the rear, or various types/styles of padding, aero humps, seam line location, etc., that reduce the available real estate for a transcontinental Harley-sized banner (though, they could make a larger one if there is sufficient interest).

The CBR was lightened a bit from the original rendition to provide a bit greater contrast against black leather jackets. The threads do change color and contrast a bit depending on the viewing angle. This photograph is a reasonable rendition.

post-2449-1216771194.jpg

I'll be buying 1 in standard production. I am worried about the size, so unfortunately I can't help with the group buy. So I will need 2 Patches and 1 zipper.

Toynut, Any word on when these ship?

Thanks,

Obby

[/quote+1

For those of you who have already placed orders for the jackets or pants, Linda should have emailed you the current status of your orders.

I will summarize for the rest of you.

First Manufacturing shipped out about a half dozen pieces to Motor City Power Sports. They decided to do a production run on the jackets and pants to resupply their New York warehouse properly. Apparently the jackets were in pretty high demand among their distribution network and their initial inventories ran dry. In hindsight, I probably waited too long a period to allow the orders to accumulate for the 50 piece minimums (my bad). :icon_redface:

Linda contacted the top people at First Manufacturing who assured her that the warehouse will be fully stocked by August 25. They will also include the zipper pulls that I had asked for which were not originally on the stock jackets. The patches are in my possession, the extra YKK zipper sets were already en route to Linda. I do communicate with Linda a couple of times a week.

I spoke to Linda about the delay, as I was concerned that members who had placed an order may have a limited riding season (like in Michigan). While quality leather jackets/pants are durable items that last for years, we all understand the various time constraints/patience that individual members may have for such an item. On the positive, any members who were sitting on the fence, or making financial arrangements, or just came across the postings, can feel free to place an order at this time, as inventories will be back to normal shortly.

While the delay is an unforeseen event, Linda cheerfully agreed that anyone who has placed an order can have a full refund should he/she not wish to wait another 3 -4 weeks or so. I got involved with this GB to try to make some people happy and a get them a good deal on some quality protective gear, not for any remuneration, whatsoever. It is not our (Linda or mine) desire to have any dissatisfied forum members. While I believe this gear is worth the extra wait involved, Linda will honor any refund requests made at this time.