CBR1100XX.org Forum

CBR1100XX jacket Group Buy - Final Status 6-7-2008

Hi everyone.

I am currently vacationing in Italy with my family and will be back on the 14th. My last phone call to the rep prior to leaving concerned reducing the minimum order quantity for the modified jackets, as I don't believe 100 pieces will be an obtainable target. He thinks that they will accept 50 pieces, which with my help, should be doable. I will report back as soon as I get back.

In in for a peforated std,patch seperate sz.XL.,IF you are going to order fairly soon. Not trying to be a pain but just got my bike and need a jacket before I eat it!BTW it's a 100 friggen degrees today on to west coast!!!!! Going riding after work! YEA!!

JOHN

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what are the lengths for the pants? I'm tall and skinny, so most pants don't fit (for some reason, manufacturers think if you need a 36" length, you must have a >40" waist. I'm 33-34"W x 36"L, can they accommodate those measurements? Also, I saw earlier where someone had asked about longer sleeve lengths, did you ever find out if that would be possible? I'm a 40" chest, but usually find the sleeves on those are short by about 1" - 1.5", can they do 36/37" on a 40?

Thanks,

Gray

The jacket and pants have approximately 1-1/2 to 2 inches of additional sleeve length incorporated in them to accomodate a riding position. This can also be tailored a bit by changing the armor type (both kinds included) that is installed in the sleeves and shoulders. Unless you have extremely long arms and legs for your size, they should be able to fit you. These jackets and pants are not skin tight, so they will fit the majority of the physiques out there, give or take a bit. The pants have elastic backet leather slits on the bottom and are designed to be worn inside your boots. They will conform to your ankles, therefore, the length is not as critical as a plain open cuff design would.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what are the lengths for the pants? I'm tall and skinny, so most pants don't fit (for some reason, manufacturers think if you need a 36" length, you must have a >40" waist. I'm 33-34"W x 36"L, can they accommodate those measurements? Also, I saw earlier where someone had asked about longer sleeve lengths, did you ever find out if that would be possible? I'm a 40" chest, but usually find the sleeves on those are short by about 1" - 1.5", can they do 36/37" on a 40?

Thanks,

Gray

Hello everyone!

I am posting a summary of the current status of the Group Buy on the jackets for your consideration.

I originally had requested the manufacturer to modify their otherwise excellent stock production jacket with some enhancements that I tend to like on my garments.

Their initial requirements necessitated us achieving a goal of 100 men’s jackets for them

to incorporate changes into a production run. I posted the offer on the .org site as well as

the CBRXX forum (many of you post on both) as well as the FJRforum. The initial

responses were encouraging, but not enough to satisfy the 100 piece requirement for a

special production run. When I returned from a family vacation, I contacted the First rep

and asked him if they can reduce the minimum order requirement for the group, as too

much time has passed and interest would diminish if we would have to wait for the

required 100 jackets. First agreed to reduce the requirement to 50 pieces provided that

they do not have to install the gathering straps as it would require an approval unit be

made and add at least a month to the process. They also would not offer a perforated

jacket on the small run. I was a bit surprised that only a few of you were interested in a

jacket, for their wives, girlfriends, etc. Friday, I shipped a jacket to Angee to get a

woman’s critique and evaluation of the garment (women’s pants are not available).

Fair enough, here is an initial list of people that had expressed an interest in ordering a

jacket or a pair of pants. I have a few others who have posted an interest on other

threads or in PMs which I might have missed. Feel free to add to this list as we can still

use all of the help we can to make the 50 men’s jackets required.

I plan on ordering a dozen extra jackets, in different sizes to help make this GB happen,

and for the inevitable size exchanges/ late add on orders/gifts/ etc.

Spicholy- large jacket

CBRXXQuad – large jacket, 36 pants , Women’s 8/10 jacket (women’s pants not available)

shotsfired- large jacket, 36 pants

wheely- medium jacket, 32 pants

Flitemedic- XL jacket, 38 pants

UvaldeXX –large jacket, 36 pants

Hobicus- (jacket and pants- size unknown)

JRinNC-XXL jacket, 40 pants Note- They will not be able to supply us with a perforated version

John01XX-medium jacket

Pavdog-medium jacket, 32 pants

Bob the Fish- (jacket and pants- size unknown)

TPXX- (jacket and pants- size unknown)

alf03- jacket (size unknown)

01xxallen-3X jacket

zypp-XXL jacket, 34 pants

T REX14-XL jacket

Obby-pants (size unknown)

Helvet- (possibly up to 10 jackets for riding buddies)

There are a few others (5-10 members) that I am waiting to hear from or had questions

about sizing (I will do the best I can). If I missed anyone, or, I have included anyone

that is no longer interested, please let me know.

From the CBRXX forum:

flblackbird- medium jacket

ArmyStrong-XXL jacket, 40 pants

Sandsquidxx-large (42) jacket, 34 pants

tonyz-large jacket

HukitAK-XXL jacket, 40 pants

We are still a bit short of the count for the CUSTOM version. The First Representative

asked me to allow approximately 5 weeks for the custom order. I will ship these out

myself, from my company, to expedite the delivery process.

The other option available to us will NOT involve any order minimums. I can still get the special pricing on the stock production jacket. I will include the patches and extra pants zipper set, separately in the box, for you to sewn on locally at your leisure after you verify the size and fit. The time frame will be considerably shorter, but I will probably have to have the patches made locally. If anyone has contacts or photo ready artwork available please contact me as it will save us some time.

The prices will remain the same as I had previously posted.

I would like you responses/additional orders/corrections/ sizes by June 6, 2008, before we proceed to the next step.

Thank you all for your patience.

I'll get pics up as soon as it gets here. Just to help out the ladies who are better endowed than me, I'll try to get a bigger busted friend to try it on as well and take a pic of her too (no, not NWS photos!). :icon_lmao:

I'll get pics up as soon as it gets here. Just to help out the ladies who are better endowed than me, I'll try to get a bigger busted friend to try it on as well and take a pic of her too (no, not NWS photos!). :icon_lmao:

I will see what womens jacket looks like in pics from angee, maybe get one for mama!

john

P.S. The perforated jacket does come w/liner, right?

Sorry John, They will not do a perforated version unless we get a 100 jacket order together.

The solid leather unit has tons of air vents in it though, but honestly, don't expect miracles in +95 degree, humid air temps, particularly if you are stuck in slow traffic. Even perforated leather won't help you there.

Sorry John, They will not do a perforated version unless we get a 100 jacket order together.

The solid leather unit has tons of air vents in it though, but honestly, don't expect miracles in +95 degree, humid air temps, particularly if you are stuck in slow traffic. Even perforated leather won't help you there.

I thought we could still order the std. version in perf.?Maybe i misunderstood.

Thanks for the quick response.

John

Ok, I got the jacket today. As soon as I have someone to wield the camera, I will post pics. You just keep waitin' Hobie... :icon_evilgrin: :icon_lmao:

I'm wearing clothes with it, so don't get any ideas... :icon_lmao: Not much of me in 'em, because my oldest was starting to irritate me.

The last 3 are without armor, then the rest with armor installed. There's a double ended zipper so you can switch between unzipped cuffs and vented wrists.

post-4002-1211999751.jpg

post-4002-1211999937.jpg

post-4002-1212000021.jpg

post-4002-1212000057.jpg

post-4002-1212000057.jpg

post-4002-1212000113.jpg

post-4002-1212000290.jpg

post-4002-1211999637.jpg

post-4002-1211999649.jpg

post-4002-1211999720.jpg

The liner snaps in and overall, it is a very nice jacket. There IS room for the girls, ladies. I'm an A and it's loose enough to fit maybe a D or DD fairly comfortably (I did have boobs twice in my life... :icon_biggrin: ) Great job on these Al!! I may end up just buying this puppy!!

Ok, ladies...time to make them menfolk get you one!!

post-4002-1212000290.jpg

I SEE NIPPLE!!!

Ok, seriously.. thanks for taking the pictures and posting. Looks like a VERY nice jacket!

I just discovered one more little plus to this jacket....STORAGE!!!

post-4002-1212004871.jpg

Hi angee,

Just wondering if you could let us know if the jacket fit you right for your size,or what would your recomendation be fit wise.

Thanks, john

Hi angee,

Just wondering if you could let us know if the jacket fit you right for your size,or what would your recomendation be fit wise.

Thanks, john

It actually fit very well without being too constrictive. I am about a size 4-6 at 5'5'' and 128 lbs. and I imagine this would go as far as a size 8-10. The only drawbacks were the lack of a zipper in the back (to zip to pants), (which I believe was brought up earlier in the thread (?)) and the lack of a good back pad. It's got lots of ventilation, which I absolutely love. It's just a great jacket IMO all the way around.

I just discovered one more little plus to this jacket....STORAGE!!!

It's like pockets for breast implants!!

Hi angee,

Thanks, john

It actually fit very well without being too constrictive. I am about a size 4-6 at 5'5'' and 128 lbs. and I imagine this would go as far as a size 8-10. The only drawbacks were the lack of a zipper in the back (to zip to pants), (which I believe was brought up earlier in the thread (?)) and the lack of a good back pad. It's got lots of ventilation, which I absolutely love. It's just a great jacket IMO all the way around.

What size is the one your wearing?

Hi angee,

Thanks, john

What size is the one your wearing?

It's a small.

Sorry if I'm not responding quickly, I'm packing to move and checking messages in between boxes and screaming kids. :icon_biggrin:

post-4002-1212000290.jpg

I SEE NIPPLE!!!

Then you basically saw my whole breast!!...LOL

(hey, at least I have a sense of humor about it...)

Good thing I'm an ass man eh? :icon_evilgrin:

*ahem* you better be glad you were laughing playfully when you typed that. :icon_twisted:

Good thing I'm an ass man eh? :icon_evilgrin:

Then you, my friend, are a lucky man. :icon_thumbsup:

A very good female friend of mine (with a great ass, I may add) says that all boys like boobies.. but MEN like asses.