CBR1100XX.org Forum

CBR1100XX jacket Group Buy - Final Status 6-7-2008

I want to thank you all for your patience these last few months while I was researching a suitable jacket for the forum members (initiated by Angee) on this thread: http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=49968

Things started to come together on pages 7 on up, and we are now ready to create an order sheet.

The modified First Manufacturing jacket with the CBR1100XX patch, factory sewn on or loose in box, will be available in Men's sizes Small-2XL for $185.00 plus S&H. The jacket will come with both hard and soft armor sets for the shoulders and elbows/forearms as well as a removable back protector.

A perforated version will be made available for no additional charge.

Men's leather pants, with removable knee armor will be available for $110.00 plus S&H.

The Women's version of the jacket which will be of the current stock design with the CBR1100XX patch, factory sewn on or loose in the box, will be available for $185.00 plus S&H. The jacket will also come with both hard and soft armor sets for the shoulders and elbows/forearms as well as a removable back protector.

We need 100 modified men's jackets to be committed to and paid for, either solid or perforated leather, for First Manufacturing to commit to a production run.

The open stock men's and women's jackets and optional men's pants are NOT subject to the quantity requirements.

Please post up or PM me with your commitments so that I can get a count started to reach our order minimums. This jacket will also be offered on the .com forum to help make the order point.

I plan to review the list in 2 weeks to see where we are before posting a future closing date to the Buy in. Once we have the necessary numbers, I will post the First Manufacturing Paypal account information to start the individual orders.

I am commissioning First Manufacturing (at a premium) to make a prototype jacket for final design approval, of which I will post pics of for your review.

Once we give them the go ahead it should take approximately 6-10 weeks for the jackets to be made and they will begin shipments to individual members. I plan on ordering a few extra spare back patches for the forum members who may want an extra one for future use.

Reorder points on the Modified jacket are in units of 100 or more, so if you missed this opportunity, you will have to wait for a future Group Buy In should it be available.

Let me restate this for everyone's benefit:

I do not want to inject any negative tone in this process, but I need this to be fully understood by anyone considering joining this Group Buy.

I am NOT related to, or employed by, or connected to First Manufacturing or their representatives. I AM NOT receiving any consideration, remuneration, free wearable's, samples, discounts, etc., on this Group Buy, or any future ones that may be offered. I did my level best in stating the characteristics and qualities of the jacket and pants as I saw them, although I do not represent myself as a qualified expert in any way. I WILL NOT accept responsibility, financially or otherwise, for any misunderstanding or misrepresentation of order turnaround, suitability of purpose, fit, crash protection, quality, durability, etc., of these garments or of First Manufacturing. http://www.firstmfg.com/home.aspx

Sorry to have to post this, but it is necessary in this day and age.

Okay everyone, the quicker we get the counts up, the quicker we can get the process rolling.

Please state the product type, whether perforated or not, the quantities you wish to order, and whether or not you want the patch sewn on from the factory or loose. I will create an order form prior to any final commitments.

Note**

While there are no returns on these garments, if you order the stock production men's or women's jacket (the patch cannot be installed) and/or pants, it will be possible to exchange them (if they are in new condition) for size, subject to shipping and handling charges. The Modified men's jacket, patch applied or not, will not be returnable and will probably need to be swapped out/sold on the forum.

Sorry, you probably wrote it somewhere, but I keep missing it. If we get the unmodified jackets, do we get them at 185.00? Do they come with the patch? Thanks.

I do not have a paypal account. Is there another method of payment accepted by First Manufacturing?

If not, I will find some way around it.

I will take one mens size large modified with patch sewn on.

1 large mens 44 with mods and patch

1 womens 8/10 w patch

1 mens pants 36 ( I am guessing on sizing)

1 womens pants 8/10 ( am guessing on sizing)

Thanks, very much, Can I get a round of applause!!! :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap:

The way a gb should be done.

Sorry, you probably wrote it somewhere, but I keep missing it. If we get the unmodified jackets, do we get them at 185.00? Do they come with the patch? Thanks.

Yes, the unmodified jacket with patch is still $185.00, men or women's version.

FYI,

The reason we are able to get the jacket mods done for the same price is by committing to a production run (100pcs.), otherwise it would have been more.

It was suggested to me to post some pertinent information from the other thread:

The pants come in regular waist sizes ( 38,40,42 etc.) and are cut like regular fit jeans in the seat and waist area. Unless you plan on wearing something heavier than briefs or silks underneath your leathers, your regular pants size should fit fine, as the leather will stretch to a custom fit over time. I have an extra pair that allows me to wear heavy fleece underneath should I choose to take a fall trip. The pants length is also relative to a normal average build, that is, a 38 waist pants will have around a 32 or so inseam possibly a touch longer. The pants have elastic between vertical slits in the leather on the bottom and can easily fit into your boots (a zipper closes them at the bottom). I will attach additional pictures tonight.

The Jacket seems to be, in my opinion, cut for a regular fit. I have a large build and it fits me quite well, with or without the liner, and is consistent to other articles of clothing that are in the 2x range. Brian (Spicholy) tried on a large and he seemed to find the fit great, although, he did not install the hard armor in the elbows and sleeves. I find the sleeve length to be a bit long without the armor in the shoulders or laying prone stretched over the tank, where the fit would be perfect. The sleeves are precurved for riding.

Since the jacket is being modified on a separate production run for us, There would not be a return elegibility of the jacket. If you are not sure if you fit in the (regular build) group, then order it without the patch installed (packaged separately) so that you will be able to trade/sell it with your fellow forum members. Another option would be to order the stock production jacket (no mods), with the patch separate. I will contact them to make sure you will be able to exchange the stock jackets/pants with the local store or warehouse, though shipping costs will apply.

The women's jacket is also open-stock (Unless there are enough to support a 100 piece order), so I would suggest ordering them without the back patch installed if you are not sure, to keep your return elegibility.

In the modified jacket, I had them install the gathering straps, mid torso, on the men's jacket to allow a rider to adjust for a tighter fit. These jackets do have elastic panels in the shoulders and waist area, and will compensate a bit if should you be a bit on the "husky" or well-fed side of the demographic curve.

At this time, they do not make these outfits in extra tall or short sizes.

Note: I spoke to the First representative. He said that jackets 3X and larger incur an additional $10 charge.

The men's jackets are available in small through 5x

The women's jackets are available in XS through 2x

The men's pants are available in even sizes from 30-46 waist.

First Manufacturing sizing guide:

..........................................Maximum

Men's...........Chest................Belly

small............34-36...............30-32

med..............38-40...............33-35

large.............42-44.............. 36-38

XL.................46-48.............. 39-41

XXL...............50-52...............42-44

3X.................54...................45-47

4X.................56-58...............47-49

5X.................60-62...............49-51

Women's

0/2................32-33.5.............23-25

4/6................34.5-35.5...........26-28

8/10..............36.5-38.5...........29-31

12/14.............39.5..................32-34

16..................41.....................35-37

18-20.............42-44.................38-40

Also :

The jacket and pants are designed for an 8 inch attaching zipper. This is not race-spec gear but rather good protection for about 80% of the riders. I would feel safer wearing this than most textile gear, IMHO (except Motoport, of course). The expansion panels in the jacket and pants do give you a bit of extra room when you need it.

One more:

As a general (though not perfect) guideline:

If you plan on wearing the liner or layering up under the jacket regularly and are between two sizes and not sure, I would suggest the next size larger jacket if you have the about a 4 inch differential or so (per size chart) between your chest size and maximum BELLY (not waist) measurement. If you are really tapered or thin build, then go with the size chart recommendation. This is just an opinion, but, I haven't been as "tapered" as I used to be since my early thirties. The gathering straps I ordered installed on the modified jacket should help those with a lighter build.

The pants fit more like jeans and have 2-3 inches of adjustability at the waist for you "bigger" guys. The only caveat here is that the next size larger than your regular size will be a bit longer in the inseam measurement (no problem if you wear fleece).

I'm in. One mens jacket modified, with patch in large. One pair of mens pants in 36. I can't wait to see these. :icon_biggrin:

Can someone put the jacket on... and take a front and back shot? Looking at it on the floor doesn't help me much. Maybe I got distracted in all the booby comments...

I am interested but would like to see it on. Also, in the last thread there were so many logo ideas thrown out I got lost on the final decision. Can you post some pictures of that as well?

Many thanks... and man did you go way above the call of duty on this one!

K3

Al, I'm 100% in for both jacket and pants. My only question, so I can determine patch on or off, is: is that black on red patch the final version? I'm not too impressed with that color arrangement to be honest, and can get an embroiderer here in SA to put something a little different on. If that's the final, I'll just get the patch in the box.

1 Jacket- XL

1 Pants- 38

Thanks for all the work, let me know where and when we can order and pay.

will they make the jacket with a 36"-37" arm ? and the pants with a 37" -38" inseam?

did you say the company is in Oceanside NY?

thanxx for all the work you've done .

its a great buy.

will they make the jacket with a 36"-37" arm ? and the pants with a 37" -38" inseam?

I am not sure what your chest and waist sizes are, but, I think you are a bit on the outside of the "regular" realm of sizing for this jacket.

Send me those measurements and I will check and see if they can accomodate you (no promises, mind you).

My only question, so I can determine patch on or off, is: is that black on red patch the final version?

I chose TopXXcop's design for the final design (post#9 on original thread).

I do plan on changing the thread colors a bit for improved contrast on a black jacket. I plan on having them do the XX in a silver, and the CBR in a medium titanium grey thread.

Here is the final patch design:

post-2449-1207589315.jpg

Can someone put the jacket on... and take a front and back shot? Looking at it on the floor doesn't help me much. Maybe I got distracted in all the booby comments...

I am interested but would like to see it on. Also, in the last thread there were so many logo ideas thrown out I got lost on the final decision. Can you post some pictures of that as well?

Many thanks... and man did you go way above the call of duty on this one!

K3

I am interested in seeing a photo of this as well, I am looking to order a PERF version pants and jacket, but need to see how it looks? I am a 52 jacket and 38-40 pants in jeans, what size should I order as I do not want to be sending them back and forth to get it right!!

;)

Two questions/confirmations...

Is First Manufacturing the same folks who make First Gear products? I ask this because I'm familiar with their sizing if they are the same.

Is the $10 extra charge still valid and available for the 4X size jacket?

If the answer is yes to these questions, I'm in for one jacket, patch on, in 4X size at $195.00 + whatever shipping cost.

Again...Thanks for doing this!

Two questions/confirmations...

Is First Manufacturing the same folks who make First Gear products? I ask this because I'm familiar with their sizing if they are the same.

Is the $10 extra charge still valid and available for the 4X size jacket?

If the answer is yes to these questions, I'm in for one jacket, patch on, in 4X size at $195.00 + whatever shipping cost.

First Manufacturing is not the same company as First Gear. See this link: http://www.firstmfg.com/home.aspx

Their products are in a lot of dealerships and they have private labeled for Columbia as well as Harley Davidson (they have a weatherproof leather touring jacket that is suited for cruisers), and are not a fly-by night outfit or Ebay based business that disappears when things go wrong.

The $10 extra charge still applies (more dead cow needed) for sizes over 3X, which would make the jacket cost $195.00 +S&H as you correctly stated.

I'm in for a jacket and pants. I'll figure out the sizes later.... as I'm currently dieting.... :icon_wink:

I'm in for one jacket with mods and patch on, size to be determined.

OK....................................Here goes.........................All 260 svelte pounds of me in my stocking feet.

Any razzing and I'll pull the pics! :icon_silenced:

BTW, The pants are a size 38 (I currently wear size 40w/32l jeans), from 5 or so years ago.

This is the stock production jacket.

The modified jacket will incorporate the following changes:

*Velcro on neck and sleeves in lieu of snaps..........Much easier to close with gloves on as well as greater adjustment range.

*Leather pulls on all zippers.................................Easier to open/close with gloves on or adjusting vents while riding.

*Back zipper installed on jacket...........................Should you ever want to buy the matching pants or any other brand, will come with other matching half of the zipper.

*Removable neck gaiter......................................Still working on this one.

* I asked for some foam padding to be installed on tail piece of jacket ..........easier to grab while reaching for zipper and adds a bit more body to the back of jacket (resists flapping).

* Gathering straps on sides of the jacket................To be able to adjust fit on torso and help prevent jacket chafing against chest at high speeds (ouch).

post-2449-1207782129.jpg

post-2449-1207782154.jpg

post-2449-1207782165.jpg

post-2449-1207782181.jpg

post-2449-1207782202.jpg

OK....................................Here goes.........................All 260 svelte pounds of me in my stocking feet.

Any razzing and I'll pull the pics! :icon_silenced:

BTW, The pants are a size 38 (I currently wear size 40w/32l jeans), from 5 or so years ago.

This is the stock production jacket.

The modified jacket will incorporate the following changes:

*Velcro on neck and sleeves in lieu of snaps..........Much easier to close with gloves on as well as greater adjustment range.

*Leather pulls on all zippers.................................Easier to open/close with gloves on or adjusting vents while riding.

*Back zipper installed on jacket...........................Should you ever want to buy the matching pants or any other brand, will come with other matching half of the zipper.

*Removable neck gaiter......................................Still working on this one.

* I asked for some foam padding to be installed on tail piece of jacket ..........easier to grab while reaching for zipper and adds a bit more body to the back of jacket (resists flapping).

* Gathering straps on sides of the jacket................To be able to adjust fit on torso and help prevent jacket chafing against chest at high speeds (ouch).

AWESOME! Thanks Toynut! I like it! Where is the patch going to be on the back of the jacket? I am in for a PERFORATED jacket and pants!! I am a 40/32 INSEAM pants and 50-52 chest so I am thinking XXL jacket? (WILL IT ACCOMMODATE MY BEER GIRTH?) :icon_think: and XL-40 pants?? Modified please, patch as well! ;)

I know I may be asking redundant questions but, do you have a photo of the final patch?< Forget it, found it! Looks awesome thanks!! :icon_surprised: