CBR1100XX.org Forum

Body plastics question

NCXX

I have a '99 Bird and as some of you know, I ran it into a deer a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say I am going to need new plastics. I have looked at RonAyers.com but have also been looking at Ebay.

My question is will the body parts from any other year model of BlackBird fit my '99 Bird?

Thanks,

Bryan

im pretty sure that all parts from any year will fit the 99 with the exception of the following parts

97-98 - tank These are not fuel injected

97-98 - rear cowl plastic - changed the taillight on 99 and up.

All the rest of the plastics should fit.

Maybe someone else will chime in and agree or call me stupid.

If you're looking for cheaper plastics or OEM parts, you can join the Honda Sportbike Network forum. When you get several posts on there, you can go to one of their sponsors (Honda of CoolSprings) and get 25% off plastics.

Go to: www.hondasportbikenetwork.com

This is one thing it says in their portion of the forum:

PLEASE NOTE: Please respect our sponsor and their willingness to help us out. In this section, Honda of CoolSprings will identify discounted prices that they can provide on all OEM Parts and OEM Plastics. The standard discount for HSBN members is, 15% off all OEM parts and 25% of all OEM plastic. In some cases, their prices won't be the lowest that you can find on the 'net, but in many cases they are. If you find a price lower, please don't post the information here. Posts in this section containing prices from other providers will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding.

Plus while you're there, you can enter their raffle for a 2003 CBR954 ($10/ticket!) :)

Negative on the rear cowl, it IS different. I have a 97 cowl and it does not fit properly around my 99 taillight. Luckily, the cowl came with it's own taillight, so if I ever decide to use it I'll have to rig up the light and make it fit. I mean it's close, but it is different, and it rubs the light in some places and has a gap in others.

Well, that shows just how much I know....... :oops:

I assumed they were the same because I momentarily had a '00 tail on my '97. The rubber around the tail-light housing must have filled in the gaps enough to deceive me.

Thanks for clearing that up Furbird. I would hate for someone to buy the wrong cowl because of what I said.

97-98 - rear cowl plastic - changed the taillight on 99 and up.

I'm with Jason W, sorry Furbird.

I have a 1998 Blackbird, that is currently wearing a 2002 tail section, no problems......I'd have to assume the inverse would work??