CBR1100XX.org Forum

Laminate Flooring

TFT

Your house looks great!! I JUST LOVE the carpet color

There, fixed that for you, Tom :icon_evilgrin:

:icon_gay: Now just embrace your decoratin' self!!!!! :icon_whistle:

I was looking at your photos and noticed you have the same issue I have, very high ceilings (2 stories high)

What did you do to paint them? Contract it out? I have thought of renting a scissors lift ( I have double door entry) that is probably the only way I could access the top.

I was looking at your photos and noticed you have the same issue I have, very high ceilings (2 stories high)

What did you do to paint them? Contract it out? I have thought of renting a scissors lift ( I have double door entry) that is probably the only way I could access the top.

A scissors lift never occurred to me. For some time, I pondered having to paint those walls and ceiling with a very long pole and it just seemed beyond me. I have physical restrictions which helped rationalize just hiring someone to do it. I did paint my kids' rooms myself years ago, but this time someone else did it all. They used the long pole and a ladder. That ceiling looked like a total bitch to paint. Watching them do it confirmed it was money well-spent. ;)

Hey, where's Todd with my "Mmm, yellow"? I could get huffy. :icon_mad:

:icon_razz:

Inoticed there are no window coverings. What do you do for privacy? Or do you just live in a very remote area?

My house is somewhat similar, I have blinds on the lower windows but not on the upper ones.

It might have been mentioned in the thread earlier but I have been told that laminates are better for dog owners since they tend to be more scratch resistant. I don't remember if you have dogs. Hardwoods are usually always going to be nicer looking IMO.

I just helped a friend install a laminate floor that is textured to look sort of rustic and the planks are individual rather than being a section with a seam painted on it. Installation was super easy since it has the padding already attached. You just basically snap it all into place. He wound up buying way too much and couldn't return it so we are buying the rest of it to finish our upstairs bonus room.

Beautiful house pics, Pam. Has a great light and airy thing going on with all those windows. Love the floor too.

It might have been mentioned in the thread earlier but I have been told that laminates are better for dog owners since they tend to be more scratch resistant. I don't remember if you have dogs. Hardwoods are usually always going to be nicer looking IMO.

I just helped a friend install a laminate floor that is textured to look sort of rustic and the planks are individual rather than being a section with a seam painted on it. Installation was super easy since it has the padding already attached. You just basically snap it all into place. He wound up buying way too much and couldn't return it so we are buying the rest of it to finish our upstairs bonus room.

Beautiful house pics, Pam. Has a great light and airy thing going on with all those windows. Love the floor too.

The stuff I am buying is individual planks like your friend bought.

Yep, the laminates do better if you have pets. I have 2 gay cats.

Armstrong Santos Mahogany

santos-nat_ex.jpg

• 7 months later...
:icon_naughty: Laminates......to put it into a word are CRAP. They wear like crap. Sound like crap and are crap. More specifically compressed cardboard with formica on top. Real wood or another genuine hard surface flooring material will add value to your home. Just my 2 cents........I own a contracting Co. and have been in the biz over 25 years. :

• 7 months later...

Reviving this!!! Did you ever complete the project Mr. TFT (what is your name, BTW??) And......PICS!!!

I put down a dark engineered wood in my kitchen and I love it, way happier than if I had gone with laminate. I own a restoration company and have seen what happens to laminate if it gets wet all too often.....

Mr. TFT (what is your name, BTW??)

Brad his posts are signed at the bottom, "Tom" !

hmmmm, I would call you a smartass if I didn't feel like such a dumbass!

A couple of "ass"s either way you look at it

Maybe we are related or something :icon_snooty:

• 2 weeks later...
Reviving this!!! Did you ever complete the project Mr. TFT (what is your name, BTW??) And......PICS!!!

I put down a dark engineered wood in my kitchen and I love it, way happier than if I had gone with laminate. I own a restoration company and have seen what happens to laminate if it gets wet all too often.....

Yes I did. Plus I just got new furniture for that room.

I am on the Slope right now for some meetings.

(Slope: North Slope of Alaska, where the oil is. North of the Arctic Circle)

When I return home I'll post some pics.