CBR1100XX.org Forum

Clean '03 XX in Florida $4299 BIN, 6k miles

Ok here is the scope on the 03 Bird for sale in Weston. Just got back from the sellers beautiful home in a gated section of Weston. The Bird is in fact an 03 model with 6885 miles. All stock and original which means it needs at least a rear tire for sure and a front not for down the road.

Sellers error on the color listing on ebay that they are aware of but did not know how to edit their listing. They are of South American decent so do not speak English fluently. The wife, I had no problem understanding but she interpreted for the husband.

It needs a good cleaning and new rubber and should be good to go. No scrapes or rash that I saw and they are the original owners and claim that it has never even fallen over. Runs well, started immediately cold and rode around the block. I showed up on my Bird to look at theirs!!

They are going to buy a cruiser when the Bird is sold.

If you want it, do the buy it now and when paayment is taken care of I am available to pick it up and deliver it within 60 miles. I could actually keep it myself for a week or so but I do not have a place to store it indoors.

John

Ok here is the scope on the 03 Bird for sale in Weston. Just got back from the sellers beautiful home in a gated section of Weston. The Bird is in fact an 03 model with 6885 miles. All stock and original which means it needs at least a rear tire for sure and a front not for down the road.

Sellers error on the color listing on ebay that they are aware of but did not know how to edit their listing. They are of South American decent so do not speak English fluently. The wife, I had no problem understanding but she interpreted for the husband.

It needs a good cleaning and new rubber and should be good to go. No scrapes or rash that I saw and they are the original owners and claim that it has never even fallen over. Runs well, started immediately cold and rode around the block. I showed up on my Bird to look at theirs!!

They are going to buy a cruiser when the Bird is sold.

If you want it, do the buy it now and when paayment is taken care of I am available to pick it up and deliver it within 60 miles. I could actually keep it myself for a week or so but I do not have a place to store it indoors.

John

Thanks for taking the time to go check it out, John.

Nope Joel said the same thing that you did !!

It sold right after I posted the report but don't know if it was coinsidense(sp?) or if someone off this forum actually bought it.

Yea I missed it by 2 minutes, I wouldn't have been able to grab it that fast anyways I would have, to have got everything set in stone on the storage end until the snow melts up here. So Joel could have had first dibs but to bad it wasn't one of us.

Nice work John! Guess not all good deals are too good to be true. :icon_redface: Wonder how much cocaine has been muled on the bike? (JK) :icon_biggrin:

The owner told me that he looked up the value in the "Blue Book" and the BIN price of $4299. was what it said it was worth !

Don't think it was a "mule" bike as he is going to buy a cruiser after the sale !! He did like my Bird tho !

Someone got a good deal. Just hope it is someone from here.

Nice work John! Guess not all good deals are too good to be true. :icon_redface: Wonder how much cocaine has been muled on the bike? (JK) :icon_biggrin:

The owner told me that he looked up the value in the "Blue Book" and the BIN price of $4299. was what it said it was worth !

Don't think it was a "mule" bike as he is going to buy a cruiser after the sale !! He did like my Bird tho !

Someone got a good deal. Just hope it is someone from here.

If that's true on the price then I'm closer to upgrading to an '03 than I thought :icon_evilgrin:

If that's true on the price then I'm closer to upgrading to an '03 than I thought :icon_evilgrin:

And our 97's are basically worthless.

:icon_confused:

50k miles and the West Virginia Slide Through Debacle took care of my resale value.

That is what I got for my 97 when I sold it. :icon_dance: