CBR1100XX.org Forum

Warning PC2 users!

jon haney

If your PC2 craps out, I guess your just screwed! :icon_twisted:

Just got off the phone with Dyno-jet tech service and they said there is nothing they can do because they no longer have the equipment to even test it to find out whats wrong. I have a PC2 that I bought off of EBay for $60 that was supposed to be new. It looks new, but doesn't work. The bike won't even start because its dumping so much fuel into the cylinders. Hooked it up to my computer to look at the map and I can't do that either. It keeps telling me "I/O error 21" every time I try to get the map from the PC2. Anybody ever seen this problem?

I know what you're thinkin. Why did I buy an old PC2 instead of the 3? I was looking for something that would allow me to change the ignition advance and it seemed like a good deal until now.

Just got off the phone with Dyno-jet tech service and they said there is nothing they can do because they no longer have the equipment to even test it to find out whats wrong. I have a PC2 that I bought off of EBay for $60 that was supposed to be new. It looks new, but doesn't work. The bike won't even start because its dumping so much fuel into the cylinders. Hooked it up to my computer to look at the map and I can't do that either. It keeps telling me "I/O error 21" every time I try to get the map from the PC2. Anybody ever seen this problem?

I know what you're thinkin. Why did I buy an old PC2 instead of the 3? I was looking for something that would allow me to change the ignition advance and it seemed like a good deal until now.

Hmm sell it on E-bay Bet you can get your $$ out of it..

Hmm sell it on E-bay Bet you can get your $$ out of it..

I thought about doing that, but $60 is not worth knowing that there is now one more person in the world that hates you. If it was a PC for a Hayabusa....maybe. :icon_biggrin:

I did contact the seller who was not actually the owner of the unit. He said it was sold "AS IS" and suggested I contact Dynojet since it was supposed to be new. :icon_confused:

That was the first time I have ever left negative feedback.