CBR1100XX.org Forum

Gerbing's Heated Clothing

Talk about a warranty and customer service!!! WOW :icon_biggrin:

Many years ago, I discovered heated clothing and purchased a Widder vest and gloves. As time went on, I continued to press the limits of cold weather riding in Michigan and required even greater warmth. I added a Gerbing's Jacket Liner and gloves to the closet. Gerbing's Heated Clothing This Jacket Liner was one of the quilted-look originals. Very UGLY but very warm, and functional with trailer plugs for connecting the heat controller and gloves. (the gloves were double-wired by Gordon Gerbing because I used to smoke and often needed more warmth in the gloves than was needed in the jacket liner)

Last winter, the trailer plugs that connected the gloves broke off and I wore my new Warm & Safe jacket liner instead. Ultimately, I was disappointed in the way that my gloves worked that liner, and had also lost some weight so the Warm & Safe was sold on eBay. I then contacted Gerbing's and asked about repairing the trailer plugs on my 15 year old Jacket Liner.

They informed me that the repair would be covered under their lifetime warranty and that I should just send it out to them. Well... what I got back was a brand new Jacket Liner to replace my 15 year old one.

How many other companies out there stand by their product after 15 years, and deliver that level of customer service???

Good to hear! I assume you didn't have to produce a receipt? I ask because I just purchased a like-new set of gloves from a Goldwinger for $90 (XXXL), and it would be great to have that piece of mind with them.

Jeez, you have big hands! Too bad the saying isn't true... :icon_shhh:

Good to hear! I assume you didn't have to produce a receipt? I ask because I just purchased a like-new set of gloves from a Goldwinger for $90 (XXXL), and it would be great to have that piece of mind with them.

They never asked for a receipt. Good thing since the Jacket Liner was a Christmas gift from my wife in 1992

Jeez, you have big hands! Too bad the saying isn't true... :icon_shhh:

Nope it's true.

Big Hands = Big Gloves!

I'm also a 13 EEEEE boot.

Yup. Big boots.

Nope it's true.

Big Hands = Big Gloves!

I'm also a 13 EEEEE boot.

Yup. Big boots.

You must have looked like a St. Bernard puppy when you were a kid. All paws...

And humping people's legs...

And I bet you drool and drop your balls at my feet, just like a puppy.... :icon_whistle:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
And I bet you drool and drop your balls at my feet, just like a puppy.... :icon_whistle:

From what I read..... naw to easy

Who's easy, him or me? :icon_biggrin:

Tease.

Hey, it's Monday morning and I'm bored. What else am I to do with my time?

Well, I'm still waiting for that pic with the firearm.

Keep waiting. I'm supposed to have a glamour shot of me with firearms professionally done (as a joke, BTW). Haven't yet. Trying halfassededly to pull some weight off before I do it. I don't know why, that's what Photoshop is for. I'd be more than happy to send that to you, otherwise, no dice... :icon_naughty::icon_biggrin:

Oh.... so many jokes.... but I don't want to fuck up the chance to get a Glamour Shot!

Don't you love where this thread about heated clothes has gone to?

It's a natural progression...

Heated cloths -----> Hot Pants ------> sex!

Of course! How could I miss a progression that obvious?? :icon_doh: :icon_eh:

Don't worry, I'll guide you through it slowly.

Thanks. I'm blonde you know. That counts as a handicap...