CBR1100XX.org Forum

Which brake pads

silverbird1100

The stock ones on my 02's are great and I'm about to buy some, but I remember the 99' my Dad had (stock pads) had too much initial bite, just like the EBC's I tried a few years ago but I switched back to the original's. I like a real progressive feel with just a little power at the start of the lever travel. Does anyone made a pad like this (besides hopefully Honda) and my Dad's was just a fluid issue or something? Hope that makes sense.

:icon_biggrin: I like the EBC's. Didn't notice any break-in time, and they offer great stopping power everytime. I haven't tried much, but the EBC's seem to be a little more consistent than the honda's I had on. Of course, the Honda's were 9yrs old! Just my two cents.

I am still looking for the best wet weather set...my EBC's always seem too slow to respond when wet.

I have tried different brands and am still looking...

I'm a fan of the EBC HH pads too.

The work well for me in the wet. Plus the front and rears are the same part number.

gallery_2281_525_103680.jpg

I do sand my rotors every time I change a tire to knock the glaze off.

Whatever suits you but there is no universal truth about initial bite.

Not about initial bite but there is a right and wrong way to slow down imo.

Sure there is ,rigth way-you use your brakes,wrong way -you use fixed, solid objects like concrete wall to make complete stop. :icon_evilgrin:

Slam on the brakes, hard! When the tires slide, or either tire lifts off pavement. . . Accelerate Wildly, while applying even equla pressure to bothe brakes. This only applies to those braking situation when stopping is ver yimportant!!

• 4 months later...
I'm a fan of the EBC HH pads too.

The work well for me in the wet. Plus the front and rears are the same part number.

gallery_2281_525_103680.jpg

I do sand my rotors every time I change a tire to knock the glaze off.

Tell me more, please......why do you do this and how?

Tell me more, please......why do you do this and how?

I did this to my disc's just recently when I put new EBC's in, just got some old 250 grit Ali Oxide paper and went round and round in circles on the disc :icon_surprised: