CBR1100XX.org Forum

Entertainment Center

JuXXtin

I have no entertainment center...

I want to build one. Have wood tools and the space to work. Now I just need a design and measurements. Kim and I were at a furniture store a few weeks ago and saw one we both liked. Design and size was great. Was about $2k. I'm thinking I'll go back with the tape measure and a camera.

... and get to work ... :icon_neutral: .... and keep my progress here.

We start with... ummmm, not much!!

DSC05565.JPG

If ya'll have built one of these too, post a pic err something.

If sounds like you have limited experaince. You would be wise to buy plans of one you like because there is to much time and money invested to have a piece of shit to show for it. I would try woodcraft first. Never been on there web site to see if you can see the pic. of the plans, but I would asume it does. Good luck.

And get the right woodcraft. If you are looking at new rearsets, you have the wrong site!

Now you know when you finish it, you'll need a new flat panel TV, a new stereo, a bunch of movies, some new AC outlets to power it, a UPS to protect the investment, some comfortable chairs now that you use the room more often. Go for it.

I like the one you have. :icon_biggrin:

I like it too... in another room! LOL.

And get the right woodcraft. If you are looking at new rearsets, you have the wrong site!

"I tried adding rearsets to the wall... but they just wouldn't hold the tv!" :icon_evilgrin:

Now you know when you finish it, you'll need a new flat panel TV, a new stereo, a bunch of movies, some new AC outlets to power it, a UPS to protect the investment, some comfortable chairs now that you use the room more often. Go for it.

I know! 50" plasma's have officially dropped below $1k too. :icon_biggrin: And stereo is being shipped right now. 1,000watts-a-coming.

Chose OAK.

DSC05581.JPG

Went with Kim's fav. choice... I liked the Red Oak a little better.

DSC05585.JPG

The way it should be. :icon_whistle:

DSC05577.JPG

Example end color.

DSC05597.JPG

Pre-stain, stain and two coats of satin poly are done on the main base structures; center and two end cases.

Then assembly:

DSC05707.JPG

Ignore the urge to break out your 'ol C64...!

DSC05709.JPG

I'm now out of wood... need to head back to the store to get the facing hardwood and look over the crown and the precut designer oak pieces.

What :icon_surprised: no dado joints?? Although it does look like you rabet jointed the ends. Are you going to use 1/4" plywood for the back? Looks good so far. Are you going to use solid wood for the face frames/ doors/ glass fronts?

Porter, YOU ARE RIGHT, no dado! I love dado... but I got into a fight with my blade recently.. and didn't want to go get another. So I choose no dado. Yes, 1/4" for the back, the store was out was I went last. Then need to get the hardwood for the fronts with some designer/something pieces for the professional look... errr, my professional version. Going for doors on bottom, wood fronted, except for glass in middle bottom.

So, do explain which instrument of pain you used for that operation. If you can still type that is. Oh, by the way, a little NewSkin will heal that right up.

RIGHT THROUGH THE FINGER NAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome.

thats great, was that "entertaining" for ya?

wild guess here, it hurt a little?

:icon_twisted:

pickled eggs ha ha ha ha ha ha

• 3 weeks later...

It's A LOT better now...! The skin is scabbin' up real good and coming up to surface level too.... the nail's good half is still growing out. I can clutch the bike much better now too and even fit my finger and bandages into my larger mc gloves... :icon_biggrin:

So I think it won't be as bad as I initially thought. With upcoming holiday travels, I'll get back to working on this in January.