CBR1100XX.org Forum

16T Rubber Dampened Sprocket for the XX

Iceman_40

• 1 month later...
The VTEC VFR 800 ('02 model) front sprocket is a perfect match for the bird with 14.5mm spline and 16 teeth with rubber damper

23801-MCW-D00

VTECPARTNUMBER.jpg

VTEC16TSPROCKET.jpg

Just an observation I had with my FJ1200. If you use the sprocket with the rubber cushions, you must use a chain with the peanut shaped side links as the straight sided links will try and be forced out of the sprocket groove. It`ll wreck your chain in about 6-8ooo km. Yeah, I found out the hard way, and no shop had ever heard of this because all (I`m assuming) aftermarket sprockets don`t have the cushions.

• 3 weeks later...
Just an observation I had with my FJ1200. If you use the sprocket with the rubber cushions, you must use a chain with the peanut shaped side links as the straight sided links will try and be forced out of the sprocket groove. It`ll wreck your chain in about 6-8ooo km. Yeah, I found out the hard way, and no shop had ever heard of this because all (I`m assuming) aftermarket sprockets don`t have the cushions.

Are you basically saying that the stock chain is the only option for this gear swap, or is there another aftermarket chain that won't get torn up prematurely?

Are you basically saying that the stock chain is the only option for this gear swap, or is there another aftermarket chain that won't get torn up prematurely?

The DID ZVM is the same as OEM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The VTEC VFR 800 ('02 model) front sprocket is a perfect match for the bird with 14.5mm spline and 16 teeth with rubber damper

23801-MCW-D00

VTECPARTNUMBER.jpg

VTEC16TSPROCKET.jpg

Interesting.

I suppose you could always shave some of the rubber off so that there is not a conflict...and make sure it is even so there aren't weird vibrations.

I'll be stupid and ask the question...

Why change to that sprocket?

I'm guessing that a rubber dampened front sprocket decreases vibration

That's the claim... personally with a good lubed change I can't tell the diff...

If you don't take care of the chain you start to feel it more on the undampened. I gotta pro oiler so that's not a issue...