CBR1100XX.org Forum

Cycle Gear

I can never say enough good things about Cycle Gear. They always amaze me! Great store. Great selection. Excellent customer service. Excellent return policy. Good to decent prices. Wonderful price matching policy.

Same here. The warranty/exchange/return policy is simply amazing. Don't like? Bring it back. They have exchanged gloves for me after 9 months and a jacket with a minor defect after just under a year. Over the counter, instant, no hassle.

• 2 months later...

Wife bought me a jacket for my birthday. didn't like it and returned 2 weeks later. Got my cash back instantly. Best part ordered a Technics jacket on VISA and kept the cash. P.S. don't tell wife

We just got a Cycle Gear store here in CowTown (FW TX) on the West side. Didn't know they were a national chain. Went in earlier this week, looked like quality gear, decent (if not great, considering no shipping) prices, and best of all, tire mounts/balances for **$20!!** The bastards at the Yamaha dealership 100 yards away told me it would be **$105** to mount a front tire on ride-in. WTFO??? Sadly, I was happy to only pay 56 for mounting at the Kawi dealership next door to them. Looks like I won't have that problem anymore.

• 1 month later...

San Diego Cycle Gear store is cramped with clueless, lazy, arrogant bastards including one of the managers.

I had a coupon for 20% off anything which Iwnated to use for PCIII which would bring price to cheapest mail order price. First person tried to tell me there is no such a thing as PC III but only II. And he tried to tell me I needed a jet kit for my injected bike. When I finally asked fro someone who knows he said all mechhanics are out so there wouldn't be any help. I asked for the manager. He came in about ten minutes rather pissed looking. We went through same routine with him as well. At least he was convinced that I knew what I wanted. But he said he couldn't bother to find out the part number to order unless I've got him the number. I said my peace and walked away. It was not the first time I walked out from that store (San Diego) but this was the last one!

I wrote an e-mail to their corp office customer service explaining in detail what happened. Never heard anything back.

You are not the only one Ruhi. I can tell you it depends on when you go in there. There is one prick who behaves exactly as you described but there is another guy who is very friendly and easy to deal with. I obviously won't deal with the first ass.

One of my riding buddies just had new tires mounted at the Cycle Gear in Sac. They DRY mounted the tires. He had to take them to another shop to have them re-mounted. Cycle Gear claimed they NEVER wet mount street tires. I wonder what they do when the tires rip apart from their mounting machine tearing into the dry rubber??

Remounted??? What the hell is that? Either the tire was on, or it was not. So what would "remounting" consist of?

I think my favorite shop dry mounts them too, but I'll have to go ask. I never pay that much attention while they're doing it.

So what would "remounting" consist of?

They took the rubber off and inspected the inner lips to check for damage. Apparently the rubber tears pretty easy if there is no lube when they are mounted.

Okay, sounds like a line from a Ron Jeremy flick....

They checked out okay though. I guess it's personal preference. I couldn't tell you what the shop I use does, I just close my eyes and trust them..

• 1 year later...
Same here. The warranty/exchange/return policy is simply amazing. Don't like? Bring it back. They have exchanged gloves for me after 9 months and a jacket with a minor defect after just under a year. Over the counter, instant, no hassle.

This reminds me. A couple months ago I brought some gloves back to them that were about two years old. For some reason, I still had the receipt. They took them back at the $99 cost I got them for, and I bought the same glove, but at the current year closeout price of $39! So I went shopping with the rest of the refund. Can't go wrong with buying lubes and fluids in advance. It'll save me a trip in the future.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They give the same 10% discount to cops too; I just never feel comfortable asking for it. Used to be an automatic though when I wore my shopping clothes (uniform). Now I just look like Joe shit the rag bag.

They give the same 10% discount to cops too; I just never feel comfortable asking for it. Used to be an automatic though when I wore my shopping clothes (uniform). Now I just look like Joe shit the rag bag.

I used to feel bad about it, but had a few people point out that that it is a way that the companies can say 'thank you' to the various groups that are serving the public. Or that have just out-lived a good portion of the public, in the case of senior citizen discounts!

That being said, I'm not very likely to go soliciting a discount, if I hadn't already known that there was one available.

As said above, though, generally a good store to do business with, and often very good prices. The sale flyers are good for otherwise unadvertised specials as well. (after hours sales?!)

• 5 months later...

San Diego Cycle Gear store is cramped with clueless, lazy, arrogant bastards including one of the managers.

Ditto for the Tulsa, OK store. Good return policy and thats fine. Cheap mounting of tires true but they are the dumbest hosers I ever met. I dont think any of them ride or wrench. I don't like them mounting my tires as they really do not know what they are doing.

Bought an Acerbis front disk cover for my dirt bike. I did not know you had to buy the hardware too....seperately! They did not even ask. I had to come back and ask them where the hardware was. they got all pissy.

I had trouble with a K&N filter I got fomr them. Not even a suggestion just gave me the money back. Come to find out there is a little trick on the R6 for fitting those!

They are open on Sundays & Mondays which my other shops are not but I only shop there if I know what I want and need and cant get it from my local shop Tulsa Cycle Supply ran by riders/racers who know! They do give my son a military discount which is cool!

They will not contribute to the various moto events we have either.