CBR1100XX.org Forum

Forks n brakes

cbrbear

Hey does anyone have the fork lenght available in MM? Also need left and right photos of the fork bottoms where the calipers mount. any help would be great. cbr_bear@yahoo.com

Hey does anyone have the fork lenght available in MM? Also need left and right photos of the fork bottoms where the calipers mount. any help would be great. cbr_bear@yahoo.com

Not to be a smart ass, but have you tried measuring them? :icon_think: As far as the brakes what have you done? Sound not so good. I sure someone can answer your question if you asked it.

Not to be a smart ass, but have you tried measuring them? :icon_think:

Not to be a smart ass, but have you? An accurate measurement is difficult to obtain with the forks mounted. I'm sure our friend here is trying to save himself some grief by tapping into the knowledge base here.

Can't help with fork length, but I have some pictures of the lowers around somehwhere, I'll try to get them up for you tonight. Are you considering some sort of conversion?

Thanks for the pics, and for all you wise guys out there and the one smart one yes I could just measure them myself but the whole work smarter not harder thing kicks in.... But hey in the end I had to do both and in the future if anyone needs the info I guess I got it.

What I am trying to do (working with Dan Kyle) is put some cb1300 ohlins forks on the blackbird!

What I am trying to do (working with Dan Kyle) is put some cb1300 ohlins forks on the blackbird!

Just swap in a set of RC-51, 929 or even Hayabusa forks and a matching front wheel? It's actually not that involved a project.

DSC03942.JPG

OK sounds great but major problem with that. I have a dymag front wheel so if I change the front fork assembly completely I will be adding another oh 1700 to the cost to replace the front wheel and no one will buy just a front wheel that only works for the 97-98 blackbird so no chance selling it.. so I would rather stick with the less expensive, less intrusive way and just slide in some nice cb1300 ohlins forks into my xx tripple clamp and gilles vario bars, and since I already d-linked the brakes put some serious no shit 4pot or 6pot calipers and call it done for not much more than the price of the dymag replacement front wheel!

Gotcha.....

Lets see a few pictures of your Bird with the Dymags.

I posted pictures in the past of my bird with the dymags and other mods... right now she is in pieces so how bout I just post pictures once I get her all back together with all the carbon fiber goodies, and ohlins suspension all the way around including steering damper and the other goodies!!!

post-4262-1186090690.jpg

OK sounds great but major problem with that. I have a dymag front wheel so if I change the front fork assembly completely I will be adding another oh 1700 to the cost to replace the front wheel and no one will buy just a front wheel that only works for the 97-98 blackbird so no chance selling it.. so I would rather stick with the less expensive, less intrusive way and just slide in some nice cb1300 ohlins forks into my xx tripple clamp and gilles vario bars, and since I already d-linked the brakes put some serious no shit 4pot or 6pot calipers and call it done for not much more than the price of the dymag replacement front wheel!

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you just replace the bearings, spacers and rotors as needed?

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you just replace the bearings, spacers and rotors as needed?

Bearings are all the same for honda, spacers are part of the hub and it doesnt look like they are changeable without replacing the hub or at least tearing it apart which I am not going to do, and rotors are replaceable but I already have a nice set I would prefer not to replace.