CBR1100XX.org Forum

DRYER WON'T TURN ON

XXMAN

Any suggestions where to start?

Sears, Best Buy or a local appliance dealer. Ok I'll be serious.

Do you have the skill, tools and knowledge to trace electrical circuits? If so, remove the sheet metal from the dryer and start tracing power from the wall to the dryer motor.

In general terms

Wall plug --> timer/power switch --> door close switch --> dryer motor

(something like that)

If it's not an electrical problem...

Is there a belt that from the motor to the drum? Could it have slipped off, or is there something preventing the drum from turning?

• 3 months later...

Yeah, but did you destroy the old one and get your last money's worth of entertainment out of it? Can I reccommend a shotgun?!

Funny...the last time that happened to me (timer worked, but no dry-dry), I asked the ex to double check the breaker in case it was half-tripped....but NO...would he do it? God forbid a woman MIGHT HAVE A HALFWAY INTELLIGENT HYPOTHESIS!!! After getting another dryer, IT DID THE SAME THING! He got pissed when I went and shut the breaker off, let it sit a second, flipped it back on, and started drying laundry. He never lived that down... :icon_whistle:

The old dryer still worked just fine.

Oh, if you have a front-loading Maytag Neptune washer(2003-4 model?), watch the net for wax-motor recalls. They overheat and cause the boards to short-circuit.